Thread: Coolest stuff in The Elder Scrolls V – Skyrim

Coolest stuff in The Elder Scrolls V – Skyrim

I am starting this thread to know that what are some cool things you guys have seen or encountered while playing this game so far? Other than M'aiq. My encounter with him was kind of different than it usually is I have to admit. He was standing not near anything. I found this pretty cool/weird looking cave called Shimmermist (or something close to that) in the Whiterun hold. It had a nice little treasure at the end of the cave. Apparently there is also northern lights going on, I have seen them at least 3 times so far. This adds a cool touch and makes for a nice screenshot if you're in the right area. Other than this there are few books that have been pretty neat. Like Kolb and the Dragon and Alduin are Real or something close to that, that book is a real treat if you find it. Also Dunmer in Skyrim (I think that's the name) was pretty funny. That's pretty much it for me, granted I haven't gotten entirely far yet.

Re: Coolest stuff in The Elder Scrolls V – Skyrim

There is one of the book quests for the college features a dungeon where renegade mages are apparently experimenting on vampires. If you let the vampires out of the cages they kill all the mages in the room. This is the revenge of the Vamp.

I was trying to avoid the dragon and the first time I went for the temple I could hear it but couldn't see it. So I took this path to the right and went by this mine..and then got attacked by the dragon. It was flying around so it attracted the guards by the mine (good) and then the Forsworn that were west of the mine (about 8 of them) and we all joined together to kill the thing. Kind of sucked for me as I'm a 2H user and it was in the air the entire time pretty much so I couldn't do anything to it and everyone else took it down.

I was walking around Whiterun and suddenly a guard came up to me and said "Psssssst, hey you, I know who you are..." It was really interesting how a guard was an assassin.

I was trying to struggle with two Giants and I was running to this perch they couldn't get to and when I would get there then they would run away. Well the Giant ran away so far he got some wolves attention, I was chasing him at this time shooting arrows into him (that were barely doing any damage) and he killed this wolf and the wolf went flying into the air. I never saw it land. Around that same time, on my way back from running away from him I saw the bones of the first dragon you kill (this was about a half mile north of the tower).

I can’t remember actually where it happened but I was at a inn and a guy asked me to have some drinks with him. I winded up blacking out and I came back in a church getting yelled at by somebody about molesting a statue. Then I found out I stole a goat and got ingaged. The name of the quest is "a night to remember" the guy I got drunk with turned out to be deadric prince.

Once I was finished with the Golden claw quest I was traveling back in the middle of the night to bring back claw. I met two vampires (woman and man). They were just simply chilling and staring at moon. Unfortunately they attacked me and had to kill them both.

I got embroiled in the town’s silly intrigues and helped out Molag because he was pissed at another daedra worshipping priest desecrating his shrine. He was kind enough to give me his ridiculously overpowered mace (twice the base damage as my Skysteel sword, stamina drain, soul trap) then imprisoned for my investigation into the Foresworn conspiracy. Honestly, I could care less about their conflict but I was pissed off at being imprisoned by the obviously corrupt guards therefore I helped the Rag King escape.

I saw a beautiful scene where I was fishing in the river near Riverwood when I saw an elk drinking from the river. I was silently approaching it to get a closer look and then it looked at me and just watched as I neared it. It then ran away, while the beautiful music of Skyrim played. The animal AI can be incredible.

Has anyone else seen the headless horseman? That was pretty awesome. I was walking through the north plains where you encounter mammoths and giants and I saw this blue ghost on a horse riding down the path. I chased it and the few times I got close to interact with it, it said "Headless Horseman" but I couldn't do anything. I followed him all the way to a graveyard where he disappeared but I couldn't figure out what to do. I'll figure it out eventually but it was way cool.

SHADOW MERE IS AWESOME, its pretty much the horse that the ring wraiths ride in lord of the rings not to mention he cant be destroyed.

I was in riverwood when a dragon came down and landed on the trader's place. It glitched and another HUGE dragon came down and ate it. It was the weirdest glitch.