Thread: Lots of Bugs with Tribes: Ascend

Lots of Bugs with Tribes: Ascend

Hello I have installed this game recently but I have found lots of bugs on this game which making unplayable. I have updated the latest version of patch also but now also there are some General/Misc Bugs and Sound/Graphics Bugs. Currently the Jackal will often refuse to fire after reload for about a second after the reload animation ends, making it hard to use effectively. Additionally, the sound will sometimes disappear for reasons I've not yet pinned down, although I think it has to do with detonating as a round is leaving the gun. Which brings me to the next sound issue? It will also either run the firing sound before or after a round has been fired, leading to either premature explosions in your own face or the whole volley not being fired even though you've heard it fire them all. So can anyone suggest on this. Thanks in advance.. Hello everyone recently I have I got the soldier utility pack from the gamespot promo code. Everything went well and I fully upgraded it but after equipping this pack I don’t get extra nade / run speed. I think energy pack is still in use after equipping utility pack please fixes this bug. Along with this

Re: Lots of Bugs with Tribes: Ascend

I also I've found many bugs. Playing as juggernaut holding the flag on Katabatic, in home base, top floor, inside at the inventory station. Standing next to the wall I pressed Z to drop the flag to recharge and the flag flew into the wall and was stuck there. Issues where the calldown laser beam constantly restarts when moving to terrain that is not accessible by the calldown, or is on different planes within the map terrain. To fix this make the beam NOT reset, just turn from green to yellow. If the countdown ends and the beam is yellow, calldown is canceled, if it is green calldown is sent. This way when jet packing or skiing and using the calldown laser you don’t have to continually restart your calldown count down because your beam hit a spot of the map that is under an overhang or because your beam went from a ground level plane to a step or something of the like. When firing mortars at the generators, the mortars if shot at the right angle will enter the generator and stick, giving 3250 damage. When firing mortars at the generator where a pit is present, the mortar can bounce off the generator and fall into the pit, causing maximum damage to the generator even though the mortar is in the pit. While skiing there is absolute lack of sideways mobility at slow speeds as well as maximum speeds. This is contrary to physics and should be addressed. A physics consultant will point out that if you have X amount of thrust on an X-Y axis, that thrust will not change based on directional momentum. So if im moving 10 kmh forward I should be able to strafe to the right or left with X amount of change, and that the perceived effect only changes based on velocity over distance, but the actual value of sideways thrust does not. I think all issue will get solved..

I am not referring to long distance jumps in the beam, such as hiding behind a hill timing a call down and then popping out from cover at the last second. I am more referring to say jet packing above an enemy base using call down and because your beam passes a box, or turret, or steps and it resets. For instance on the capture the flag map crossfire, you can be using calldown and aim it at the side of the ship and the beam resets as it passes different planes of the outer ship walls. Since there are tiny overhangs and small slots in the ship the beam constantly resets.
    On this game so far I have noticed Nugget bugs: Nuggets will fall off a target about a second after application if they are moving/move. This prevents being able to ambush someone with sticky love and a follow-up melee strike before detonating, as the nuggets will fall off before you can detonate them if the target moves. Nuggets on the ground will stick to enemy/friendly units walking over them. This means you can fire nuggets at the ground, and then walk over them to nugget-ify yourself like a suicide bomber. Nuggets do not stick onto player models accurately. This means if you stick someone on the head or legs, it will still appear mid-abdomen. They still take normal damage, but it is annoying when you are trying to punt a stationary heavy in a certain direction and your nuggets teleport around their body and mess up your fatty punt. I used a promo code from Gamespot to unlock the soldier's utility pack and upgraded it after that. I should have +1 grenade ammo, more run speed and health. But I still have the same amount of grenades so I doubt the other attributes are working correctly. Basically I have it equipped but it does nothing for me. Rather used that XP for something else, since it won't be fixed soon probably.

I have heard that Jackal bug fixes released in latest patch. So I think you should try to install the latest patch for your game and after that you can solve your issue all bugs and issue. The damage is still applied even if the text overlaps. That's very, very low on the list of things that need work. I've also not noticed stickiest disappearing on moving targets, but I don't generally leave them lying around. If that is actually happening then it's probably worth fixing, since that actually affects Gameplay. According to me "The jackal is broken is the thing. It's weak but easy as hell to use and makes it a cheap weapon over all from what I've noticed." So your problem is jackal easy to use but that is situational. A techs thumper is easier to use in doors as your opponent can't out run the blast radius does that make it easy to use and broken? Same applies to the MIRV launcher if used in doors it’s easy to do. Doombringers mines you just put them on the ground and forget about them does that make them too easy and a cheap weapon over say the much more visible sentinel claymores? The point is "too easy to use" means "weapons main strengths". Put it this way in a kind of circle of life way. Rhino SMG beats heavy, RSMG is beaten by thumper tech, thumper tech is beaten by stealth fuser, SF is beaten by mid air opponent, mid air opponent is beaten by jackal, jackal is beaten by heavy (they simply out tank you) and so it begins again. You could just turn around.

I have a GT260M GPU on a Asus G60VX, this runs Crysis, Unreal Tournament on high settings smoothly. When I run Tribes: Ascend, I get 8 FPS, I have to edit the Tribes.ini and set FLoating Point Render Targets False in order to get 15 to 20 FPS.When there is particle's about, it goes to about 1 -4 FPS. Don't even get me started on the HUD visor cracks, once it cracks or goes red from damage, it basically is SUICIDE as it is impossible to do anything at that point. I also have it set to MINIMAL (why on earth you don't let us customise graphics in game is beyond me). I cannot play this game and thus cannot pay you any money for it.Audio, how can I mute the Anouncer? She / he is bloody annoying and seems to keep audio fighting opponent. The game also lag spikes when loading audio spam from VGx taunts. Beta or not, I read it is due for release in this Quarter. That is V.Soon, and I don't expect any improvement in the game performance at this stage. On top of that when the game server player count goes beyond 10 or so, it lags like hell. Game is unplayable on a GT260M. No money from me. Thanks.My Tribes experience has now been ruined, TWICE, once by T:V and now by T:A, it is like the Amiga re-birth's all over again. If you are going to revive it, do it right, not this pile of bleep. I disabled all the stuff to False in the INI, I cannot disable it further really, dynamic lighting isn't affecting it, when the scene has particles from grenades, or from spinfusers, its a suicide moment (as is the stupid HUD visor cracks/damage). Disabling floating point render targets is the only thing that makes it somewhat playable (10 - 20 FPS). My fps counter is RED and YELLOW, very rarely in green.