Thread: Isn't Nvidia GeForce GTX 570, Intel Core i5-2500K and 4GB RAM enough for playing Call of Duty: Black Ops?

Isn't Nvidia GeForce GTX 570, Intel Core i5-2500K and 4GB RAM enough for playing Call of Duty: Black Ops?

I am having Nvidia GeForce GTX 570, Intel Core i5-2500K and 4GB RAM which I think is quite well to play the Black Ops without any problem but then when I play this game then I have found that I am just getting get 50% GPU usage in some parts, I don’t think that the game will eat the other 50 percent completely, is there anyone who has faced this problem before and has an idea bout it an can help me out as well??

Re: Isn't Nvidia GeForce GTX 570, Intel Core i5-2500K and 4GB RAM enough for playing Call of Duty: Black Ops?

I am having Nvidia GeForce GTX 570, Intel Core i5-2500K and 4GB RAM which I think is quite well to play the Black Ops without any problem but then when I play this game then I have found that I am just getting get 50% GPU usage in some parts, I don’t think that the game will eat the other 50 percent completely, is there anyone who has faced this problem before and has an idea bout it an can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you something about this I just want you to post the full specification of your system, I mean that you have not mentioned the mother board and the ram that you are using, just mention those as well for further help.

Re: Isn't Nvidia GeForce GTX 570, Intel Core i5-2500K and 4GB RAM enough for playing Call of Duty: Black Ops?

Sorry for that, here is my system specification:
    • GA-P67A-UD3-B3
    • Intel Core i5 2500k
    • Zotac Nvidia GTX 570
    • 4GB GSkill DDR3 Ripjaws-X 1600MHz CAS8

According to the minimum system requirement it should not cause any problem:
    • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
    • RAM: 2GB
    • VGA: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT / ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better
    • DX: DirectX 9.0c
    • HDD: 12GB
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

Are you having the proper direct x or latest version of it?? I also wanted to know that on which resolution you are playing the game??

I am having DirectX 10.1so I really don’t think that there Is some problem with the system specification that I am having and I am playing the game at 1920x1080 and I have also maxed out everything as well but then I don’t think that it should be a problem, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game a no of times as well but the it is not making any difference and it is still eating up my cpu, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I just wanted to know that on what stock you are running your 2500k? I am asking so because even I had faced the same problem before but then the game starter running without any such issue after hitting hit 3.3-3.5ghz, I am not very sure about the same in your case but then you can try it out and see if it is helping you as well, I think that it should probably solve the issue as I was having the same case as that of yours but then hitting 3.3-3.5ghz had just solved the issue. Best of luck.

I was going to share the same, I think that you really don’t have to worry about the specification that you are having as there is nothing wrong with them, As per your specification I will like to add that the i5-2500K is best for now a day’s game and you are also having the powerful single GPU as well, I have found a no of people facing such type of problem and the solution to it is doing some over clocking on your CPU. I have found that the 2500K runs on 2 cores and can get up to 3.6 and this game needs to be at 3.4 so you won’t be having any problem with the same, so just try to hit 3.4 and then let me know if the problem is solved or not.

I was going to share the same, I think that you really don’t have to worry about the specification that you are having as there is nothing wrong with them, As per your specification I will like to add that the i5-2500K is best for now a day’s game and you are also having the powerful single GPU as well, I have found a no of people facing such type of problem and the solution to it is doing some over clocking on your CPU. I have found that the 2500K runs on 2 cores and can get up to 3.6 and this game needs to be at 3.4 so you won’t be having any problem with the same, so just try to hit 3.4 and then let me know if the problem is solved or not.
    Ok I will try to do the same and will let you know if it is making any difference or not, anyways thanks to you all for your help, I really appreciate it. Thanks once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhaani View Post

Are you using vsync? if thats the case its fully normal behaviour. and how is your fps ?