Thread: Am I fighting in a wrong way in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim?

Am I fighting in a wrong way in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim?

I see quite a mix of abilities to the extent that players. I've seen a number of people claim to have killed 6-7 dragons on expert mode through level 7 or consequently. I'm at level 16. High Elf, mostly mage through some skill with the blade. I simply have 3 shouts (I've seen some with way more). I presently got Fireball and idea I'd be invincible. I went on a little fun side mission to obtain a dude's helmet and I ran into a foursome of death. It obtains me several reloads to figure out a technique to scrape through and win. I won't reveal to any further extent. Don’t wish for to spoil anything. Depend on the treasure; it doesn't seem that these monsters are supposed to have been that tough to beat. sabre cat was one of them. Is there a number of secret to fighting I'm not receiving? As a mage, I more often than not have healing on one hand and firebolt on top of the other. Heal, fire, heal fire. I've become aware of that I can kill most things much faster by means of a blade than I can through my magic once we're up close. I am demanding to be "pure" mage, however it's hard. Does anyone can share their views with me?

Re: Am I fighting in a wrong way in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim?

The same as a pure mage, you don't wish for to be dual wielding two dissimilar spells the entire time. You obtain absolutely not anything from that, however you lose a lot. Take benefit of dual cast. Take benefit of impact in destruction. Take benefit of conjurations or illusions, additionally.

It would be to your advantage to have a companion approximating a fighter to obtain the attacker's attention. You are able to get one if you follow the most important quest to Whiterun. I won't articulate more. Dragons have dissimilar types of breath. Fire will not have an effect on dragons that breathe fire; frost damage works most excellent against them. Similar with dragons that perform frost damage, fry them by means of a firebolt. More than one attacker is hard if you are a pure mage at lower levels.

If all you're with magic wise is destruction and healing, you're going to die quick. Conjure a companion; make use of fury to build human enemy attack each other, etc. Even if you would like to specialize within destruction, you can still make use of the additional schools of magic.

No matter what your build you must make use of strategy. And akin to Tale says above, the real power of any build is in the perks. You can take perks that make that fire spell cost a entire lot less magicka. You are able to find or enchant items to add to your Magicka regeneration rate, or boost your total Magicak by means of Fortify Magicka. For strategy as a mage, you have spells that add to your Armor score. You are able to set traps for enemies through runes and lure them in. You can Frenzy enemies to make them fight each additional at the same time as you throw fire on all and sundry. You are able to conjure a creature to tank the enemies for you at the same time as you stand within the back, etc.

I haven't actually done much dual casting for healing. I discover that dual casting kills my Magika. I as well read someone else said that dual casting doesn't really result in a benefit. not sure if that was disputed mathematically or not. I've been charging up the ladder of Destruction and Restoration. Just need to keep pushing, I guess.

I have the similar problem. The difficulty is the Destruction spell school. All conjuration spells will outperform the entire destruction spells of the similar level. Devoid of any perks at all invested within conjuration, and with all perks invested within destruction. Conjuration is able to win you encounters devoid of one single perk invested. Destruction requirements additional skills to be viable.

At the same time as you level destruction, you'll hit a brick wall finally when you keep leveling for the reason that you damage not at all scales to keep up through the whole thing else. It’s superior to just stop using destruction overall for the reason that the skill is just bad.

Obtain magica fortificating equipment, level your destruction magic, subsequent to a while it gets alot enhanced. Have a bow on the way to a fall back on if you magica runs dry, melee combat is suicidal as a mage. I'm level 24 and I still acquire killed within 2/3 hits, I have 150HP. My strategy is to primary summon somewhat, than cast a small number of fireballs than summon a bow and make use of that (100 free arrows is awesome). Throw in shouts into the mix for tough situations. If an enemy is overpowered stay back in cover and play pick a boo through some spells. Don’t forget potions as well.

Skill is simply bad if you simply make use of it by itself. Partnering it through illusion alteration and restoration (all significant too playing as a pure mage) smooth things out conjurations fun as well! All my character does is Archery in favor of combat, and I have speech, alchemy, and sneak up approximately maxed. You presently necessitate learning how to hit and run and make sufficient money for potions.