Thread: The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim stormcloaks vs. Imperials

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim stormcloaks vs. Imperials

I am posting this over here to know that which side is worth joining more and why. Other than this, also tell me that how many missions each of them are having. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you!!!

Re: The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim stormcloaks vs. Imperials

I have just joined up through the Stormcloaks. I feel some of them are fighting for the right idea of a free Skyrim. Although a few members seem to hate non Nords but every side has its bad side just like at the start of the game you witness some of the bad the Imperials do first hand. The Stormcloaks also don't like the idea that they fought and died in the war fighting for the Empire then after all that the Empire calls it quits and bends to the Elves that call for a Nord god and once a emperor to be banned. The Stormcloaks also don't like the fact that they can't pick their own High King for them self. He is picked by the Imperials who only chose someone who will be in there pocket rather than out for the best interest of Skyrim. All in all I am with the Stormcloaks despite some of their bad sides.

The Empire did not roll over and an independent Skyrim is a bloody stupid thought. The only reason the Thalmor has been specified pause is that they fear the cost of another war with the Empire. The empire bled itself white securing the white-gold concordat and the Emperor himself lead them within the final battle wielding goldbrand (at least according to the ingame sources I have read). The Empire actually allowed the imperil city to be taken and sacked in order to secure the peace.

If the Thalmor are to be held at bay or even thrown back, the empire will need to be strong and united. The empire was as formidable as it was because it was willing to combine the best of all of its provinces: Breton mages, Bosmer archers, Orc Shock troops all augmenting a solid core of Cyrodilic, Nordic and Redguard infantry (all paid for by the financial strength of cyrodil and skyrim). Ulfric's rebellion would break the only power that has a chance against the Dominion.

Skyrim is apt to be attacked by the Dominion and, exhausted by dragon attacks, the civil war and now beyond the support of the rest of the empire (not to mention impoverished by the breakdown in trade) it is all too likely to fall. Remember, the Thalmor almost succeeded in destroying the empire while fighting on multiple fronts, a conflict with an exhausted skyrim alone would be a walk in the park.

The Empire allows non Nord's into Skyrim. This point doesn't stand up well. Firstly it's predicated on racist conception of nationalism which is never a good start. Secondly, most of the Dunmer that migrated into Skyrim are essentially refugees from a devastated Morrowind that were invited by the previous high king. I am not sure who would endorse the idea of inviting refugees and then expelling them.

If the wellbeing of the people in economic terms is your concerns then you cannot suggest for fighting a civil war? Follow it through logically for a second. Even if the rebels succeed there would be a large amount of rebuilding to be done which would cost the Jarls revenue in taxes and increase their outlays. There would be a loss of trade income meaning that if government revenue had to be kept constant. It would have to increase taxation and furthermore it would actually have to greatly step up defense outlays as the province would now be responsible for its own defense against the dragons and unable to call on the Cyrodilic legions in a crisis.

My character joined the Stormcloaks because he is a hard-headed Nord who likes to raise his mug and yell "Yeah! Skyrim" and punch Imperials in the face at taverns. This is particularly after they tried to chop his head off. However, I am sympathetic to the Empire. From the lore I have read, I think that they have done a lot of good for Tamriel.

I was quite set in stone on siding through the storm cloaks when I decided to join the war but then I made my way to Solitude and talked to the court wizard who explained some things that made a lot of sense. Like how gaining independence would remove imperial protection from Skyrim if the Altmer decided to attack them. Also how the Imperials are trading food and other essential supplies with Skyrim in order to keep it prosperous. While the empire is a pain in the ass and has been encroaching other peoples land for a long time (the forts in morrowind even that far back) they are still helping Skyrim. Now the decision is a little tougher because in the end, whats better. Slight independence until the Altmer decide to conquer us or Skyrim falls apart internally when the Storm Cloaks take over or to stay at least mostly stable with the empire holding Skyrim together.

At the moment the Thalmor don't attack because they fear the combined strength of the Empire and, by and large, most of the terms of the concordat are being complied with. If Skyrim secedes, the Thalmor will feel obligated to stamp down on them due to their OVERT worship of Talos. If that happens, do you honestly expect the empire that has just fought an unsucessful counter revolutionary war in Skyrim to jump straight to their aid.

To Oblivion with the war, just be a outlaw and kill every Imperial/Stoarmcloak on the road! But if I HAD to join a side, I would have to throw in my lot with the Imperials... if Skyrim were to win or lose, they would lose trade with the Empire and whatever army would come kick their asses without the protection of the Empire.

The Empire is important to Skyrim, Skyrim is important to the Empire and the Empire is everything to the man that became Talos. Infact i remember being told at the start of the game that the Thalmor were never interested in seriously cracking down on worship in Skyrim until Ulfric started agitating about it, thus forcing a public response.

Ok i believe that the idea of an independent Skyrim is exciting in someways but it also has its consequences. Now for starters you can't say Skyrim would be defenseless against a dominion attack as Hammerfell has proven to stand strong ever since the great war ended. But i do believe what the stormcloaks are doing is right in some ways and in others it is wrong but i dont think they would need to rely on help from the legions of the Empire as to say from the in-game book "The Great War". Where the Nordic 10th legion i think it was defeated a vastly superior number of elves while retaking the imperial city. And another thing to point out is the border nations. Hammefell is independent and if Skyrim were to be independent there is a high chance they would team up. And if the elves were to invade Skyrim it would have to be a naval invasion. As the dominion has no direct path to Skyrim on land. Also the land itself is full of mountains which is alien to the elves. But the Empire (in my opinion) fell the.moment it agreed to the terms of the White Gold Concordinate. Or whatever it was called. I believe the stormcloaks are correct but then again the Empire needs to remain united. But giving up land, not allowing worship the emperor Tiber Septim who basically founded the Empire its self, and turning its back on hammerfell when they need it most for peace? And what did the Empire get out of it? Nothing. As far as Im concerned there needs to be a new empire. Because if it was a peaceful prosperous empire then there wouldn't be a rebellion in the first place.