Thread: Not happy with the house decoration in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Not happy with the house decoration in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Hell guys I am not at all happy with the house decoration. I am having so much issue with it and I don’t know how to fix all these issues. So please guys if you know anything then share it with me. So my main issue is, when I drop my loot in my house and place on shelves or desks and I leave and then come back it is all over the ground. I don't get how it got worse? Please someone tell me if they know this and are working on it. Please shade some light on this.

Re: Not happy with the house decoration in The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

I'm having the similar difficulty, and am evenly mystified as to how they possibly will have made it so utterly broken. At rest quick saving and then quick loading while in the house causes the entire my stuff to go all over the place. Is it somewhat they are able to fix? And if they are able to accomplish you guys think they will? Sounds like it's hard to fix. Probably have to assign each item to the location you put it down and stuff?

I haven't noticed this for the reason that I presently make use of the containers inside the house. Actually, I like the bookshelves; however they don't hold virtually enough books. Books are the simply obsession I'm actually collecting this time around. Other than I'm not sure, if you drop an item on top of the floor, leave the house and come back in you can place it wherever you like and it will stay. I'm not sure but I've read this might work. I'm going to try it when I get home. As for weapon racks, that's something Bethesda simply needs to fix.

I haven't had a problem so far. The mannequin, weapon racks and bookshelves all seem to be doing their jobs. This is a huge step up from me spending hours maneuvering every item in my inventory into just the right position for display. I only collect unique books, but there is WAY TO LESS space to put all unique books on bookshelves. That's a bad thing.

Physics engine has a number of flaws. Most items that lie approximately freely in the world are 'frozen' until you pick it up. This means the objects are stuck on a specific coordinate until you interact with it. If you stack some books on each other, quicksave and quickload again, the locations of the books will stay the same, however the physics engine resets and the objects will receive a small force impulse for the reason that they collide a bit or fall a small distance. This is able to generate a cluster of physics calculations which are able to send stuff flying. This is quite common in favor of physics engines (garry's mod for hl2 suffers the same quirks, different engine), and therefore I think this game has the same issues.

I haven't had any issues by means of physic objects flying around. They don't even move at what time I enter a cell. Not like Oblivion, where every time you enter a cell all the phys objects are elevated slightly so the whole thing falls down as soon as you enter a building. Press and hold the activate button until you pick it up, and then release the button to move it around. There is also a telekinesis spell that does allow you to rotate an object, just like all the other Elder Scrolls games that makes manually placing items infinitely easier. By doing this you can handle this stuffs.

I didn't perceive this difficulty at first, however lately the physics have been wonky and random items within places fall over. I in point of fact walked approximately the Companions' Hall setting food back on the table. In Oblivion my house never had this difficulty within the all the years I played and reloaded my saves. I hope this is able to be fixed a little.

If you make use of weapon racks, mannequins, etc (through an inventory menu), you shouldn't have some issues for the reason that the items displayed on those won't have any physics properties. As soon you presently (literally) drop them somewhere within the house, these bugs can occur. I consider the introduction of weapon racks, bookshelves and mannequins are Bethesda's solution to this difficulty. You can still display all your pretty stuff without fooling around for an hour to get that two handed sword in the right angle.

I have zero problems through house decoration. The bookshelf does what it is supposed to. The weapon rack holds a couple of my (what I consider to be) collectible swords. And the containers don't respawn. The difficulty arises at what time you attempt to manually place an item, no matter where you put it (on a table, on a shelf, on your bed) it forever ends up on the floor.

I also have problems placing items within my house and having them fall over. for instance the bugs in jars. I thought it would be cool to line them up against a wall right side up and all, when I came back to my house they were all turned over and all over the floor like an earthquake hit. which is frustrating because Telekinesis in this game is almost useless for manipulating items. I can get the item rotated and placed just right and then when you click off the spell it ejects the item shooting it across the room like you fired it out of a cannon. Skyrim physics engine sucks. When I played Oblivion I was able to use Telekenisis to organize my house just the way I wanted. In skyrim I suppose I'll have to be content with having chests and cabinets overfilled with stuff and only having weapons armor and books on display.