Thread: Todd's Economy in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Todd's Economy in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I found something weird with this. We were informing that we would be capable to influence the economy within Skyrim through our character. However, I have not up till now found a way to do this, but from the Speech perk tree, it seems we give merchants gold, so they will take our junk and give us the gold back? What you guys think? Please share your thoughts on this. I am waiting for your replies. All replies are appreciated.

Re: Todd's Economy in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Beth not at all implied that the economy was going to be deep and complicated. It was "a light touch". That said no I've not seen the advertised statement of ruining saw mills. Why would I would like to ruin the saw mill and make projectile prices harder in favor of me is beyond me however no matter what. I have yet to perceive someone take over the Alchemy shop within Whiterun after I killed the owner.

I can't believe of a single thing that was promised for Skyrim that isn't there. The Radiant AI thing within Oblivion was a blatant lie; however the whole thing regarding Skyrim seems to have been genuine. I'm pretty confident they promised things approximating people needing to discover food to survive and a number of NPCs turning to crime if they had no additional options as features that would be within Oblivion.

You have to provide the merchants gold. And commencing then on, they will for all time have 500 or 1000 additional gold each time you visit them. So for example, let's say a merchant usually has 1000 gold obtainable a day. You take the perk and invest 500 gold within the merchant's business. From afterward on everyday he will have 1500 gold available. As a result it is a net gain for you within long run. In her case it’s a demo of what would come about had they not "toned down" (so they say) Rai. I’m presently saying they didn't lie, however from a perspective they did Pad up their declaration.

Odd loves to spew out allot of bad things out of his mouth. He did promise, or it seemed akin to a promise that we possibly will change the economy. It was one of the initial things said. I was thinking this as well, and haven't seen it. I presently thought I haven't played sufficient or did sufficient to change whatever thing. I presently think its Oblivion all over again through Todd. He said allot of things and they have been "cut out" of the game in favor of one reason or an additional.

I don't experience cheated, no that is too harsh of a word. However I do feel like they made a number of empty promises, and they did type of screw over the PC player base through shipping such low res textures, shoddy shadow & lighting, and merely optimizing it in favor of consoles. This is totally bad, particularly at what time they promised us that people through high end systems would be able to crank up the details. I believed them, and spend allot of money based on those promises that I otherwise would not have. I really hope they fix these broken promises in the next patch.

People are confusing scripted events and AI as being commonly limited. They are not. They are intertwined a huge amount. You have to script the AI to do exact response within exact events. In effect, they tell the NPC "This is what possibly will happen, and if whatever thing does happen, here is how you will respond."

I would bet that each and every dragon in Skyrim is scripted to an extent. I would even bet some non quest related ones are scripted to appear in locations. However, what they do once they appear, is based off their list of possible reactions, which were scripted. They react based off input. Actually that was in OB. Some of the beggars would commit crime, be fined, be unable to pay the fine (least you helped) and were summarily executed in the street.