Thread: Scripting for Enemy near defeat in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Scripting for Enemy near defeat in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

While exploring something where enemies repeatedly attack on you, they still have the same direction to low health that normal people have. This is where they duck low and beg for mercy. If you stop attacking and put away your weapon though they jump right back on you and die every single time. This is automatically trigged by low health. I imagine the actual script just puts them back to their default behavior.

Re: Scripting for Enemy near defeat in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I would like to tell you that there are three things that could be done with this behavior to make it better.
    • They might stop doing it and just fight to the death. This is probably the easiest method and also probably pretty easy to mod in, however instead of adding to the game this takes from the game.
    • They can remain within a cowardly defeated position where they just beg if they talk to you even if your weapons are out until the area resets. I like this because it doesn't change much except for adding in a non lethal way to take down for "good" characters. This could probably be done with mods relatively easy since they already are in that mode until you put your weapon away.
    • They may continue to act the same but when they attack you again they could shout "tricked you". This one would be the hard since for the voices to match someone would have to use the same voice actors which would involve either very good finds on sound files or bethesda to do it. Also it would get a bit silly the 50th time in a row it happens.

My preferred option is to mix in all of the above. Let’s say if 1/2 of the enemies surrender at low health and among that 9/10 will stay in the current position until recent but 1/10 will fool you and attack you. This would involve the most work since it includes the last one and some scripting changes but I think it would make the most awesome feel for the battles.

If this was that simple then why do they worry about surrendering at all?

It adds flavors which mean that you are not going to let them get away from you? I like it that my enemy is too weak to continue so they give up in some cases you can accept the yield. I actually had a guy fall down begging for mercy and in attempts to see a result to putting away my weapons he stood up and executed on me. I will never accept a yield again.