Thread: Way to fix Dragons and Giants in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Way to fix Dragons and Giants in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Personally I think giants are good but they need to be really strong. But the dragons need to be a lot stronger than them. When I see one giant kill the dragon I was running before I get there I feel like it’s a problem. Dragons should be able to handle almost everything in the world and not get owned by giants. I want a real challenge fighting dragons. What do you think about this?

Re: Way to fix Dragons and Giants in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am completely agree with you that Dragon’s are way underpowered. Lets see what other people think about this.

Dragons are fine in the way how they are. Some are weaker and some will kill you in one or two attacks. As far as giants go, I don't feel some overwhelming need to kill them. I find the way they are now amusing. However, Dragons are intentionally made weak so console kids can kill them and feel epic. There are dragons that can wreck giants and dragons that get wrecked by giants. It's a nice mix and I wouldn't change it.

I am agree that there are dragons that are much stronger than others but i still feel that dragons should be the strongest in the game by far. Watching a giant kill a dragon in about 10 seconds with a few swings was really disheartening. Dragons are scaled so you can go through the main quest and not be level 50 that being said at level 50 dragons will far surpass giants.

There is one easy option and that would be to give early dragon’s bonus damage/armor against certain kind of NPC's (Or maybe some kind of special NPC kill move). It doesn't feel right, when a Mammoth takes out a Dragon you were having Problems with. If you only buff them against NPC's it doesn't change the balance, since it will still be as hard for you. Dragons get stronger over the course of the game, so they'll start off weaker than giants. Honestly, I just think giants are a bit too powerful, but the best solution would be to make dragons do more damage to and take less damage from other creatures.

I have not actually found a easy dragon fight. My most recent fight was the same tower as the first dragon fight and I had the help of about 6 guards, 4 Khajit wanderers and a Giant. It still took about 45 secs for us to kill him once he has landed so I am assuming that If I had been alone this would have been a much longer fight. Unfortunately the celebration did not last very long because the giant managed to send me about 2,000 feet into the air.

I don’t think that it requires any fix for it. According to me they are both fine as they are. A giant one hit killed me with his club and actually sent my character up in the air over a hundred feet spinning and I mean that literally, that's actually what happened. You know what? I felt satisfied, and felt that was exactly how that fight should have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Parker View Post
    I don’t think that it requires any fix for it. According to me they are both fine as they are. A giant one hit killed me with his club and actually sent my character up in the air over a hundred feet spinning and I mean that literally, that's actually what happened. You know what? I felt satisfied, and felt that was exactly how that fight should have gone.
    I am agree that they don’t need any adjustment giants and mammoths as they are they are perfect. I am saying this for the reason that I would like dragons to be harder but their alright, I wish some dragons where almost impossible to kill (blood dragons alright but still too easy) for high level characters then easier smaller dragons for lower level characters.

I found that Dragons are too easy. On expert I can easily kill most of them solo, and I only have fireballs to shoot them out of the sky. I don’t know that how other people found that hard.

I don't think you are designed to kill giants. The WHOLE PREMISE OF THE GAME is that you are dragon born and are designed to kill dragons. Can you imagine buffing that first dragon to the degree they rival/beat giants? I would love to see someone take that fight on. Sure if you want the dragon vs giant fight to be one-sided in favor of the dragon that's cool but making the player has an easier time killing a giant than a dragon. Make a new character, get him to level 5-10 and go kill a giant and tell me you really want dragons being that strong.

Dragons are easy, they need more health i think when they land i kill them within about 10 seconds regardless of what type they are at level 21 Or they need to be able to heal or something, can they do anything other than fly around shooting ice or fire and biting you? I thought they were supposed to be able to use other shouts or something.