Thread: Are The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim dragons too easy?

Are The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim dragons too easy?

I have put about 17 hours into Skyrim and I am a level 15 Nord warrior. I keep finding that dragons are way too easy, so I am wondering if anyone else has this issue. Usually when a dragon lands I hit it with my dual wield axe as well as sword and this takes off about half of its health. It lands again, and I do the same. Then it's done. I recall even killing a frost dragon in about 10 seconds of just hitting it while it had landed. Anyone else getting this? I expected dragons to be a lot tougher.

Re: Are The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim dragons too easy?

I would like to tell you that they get harder. The Dragons you're fighting now have a few hundred hit points. The later game ones are in the thousands. As far as I can tell they are strength seems to be more tied to main quest progression than you level but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe somebody else knows for sure.

I believe they would be much easier wouldn't they fly around all the time. I think I read there is a shout to force them to the ground, though.

I would have to agree somewhat. Only in a few places have I found dragons super hard. But I usually run from them if they catch me by myself. Second thing is that was destroying me so bad I had to keep jumping behind a big boulder and popping up once in a while to fire off an Arrow for 10 minutes until it lastly died.

I have faced about 7 dragons now and I am at level 15 thief try fighting them with daggers lol it much harder i used duel swords or axes and it seems to get the job done faster using lighting it helps a lot but they do beat me up good I use 2 to 3 heals. My most recent encounter is that I got killed off pretty quickly. Perhaps I will be broadening my horizons in combat besides archery and a trusty dagger.

It also seems that the challenge level of any dragon encounter has a bit more to do with how many NPCs are helping you than the difficulty level. If there are 20 guards, plus a companion and a dog helping you, they will probably even kill the dragon for you if you give them long enough, even on "Master" setting. If you are by yourself it's a lot more challenging. Wards are ridiculously powerful when used correctly, but until you get the magika absorption perk, they are real magika hogs running you out in like 10-20 seconds of channeling.

I am playing a Nord warrior too and find Frost dragons easy. You have to remember as a Nord you have a 50% resistance to frost so frost dragons are easier. I take the same approach as you do but with a sword and shield (elemental protection perk helps) and I dont have too much trouble with the generic dragons. It seems to level with you a bit. Post again when you run into an Elder Dragon.

I am finding them pretty easy at the moment but it makes sense if their level is tied to the main quest as I haven't done much of that yet. Killed about 10 dragons so far and just killed my first blood dragon which was no more difficult than any other that I have faced. The blood dragon I killed was just sitting on top of a word wall as I approached. I thought it was a cool looking statue of a dragon, then it sprung into life and I nearly censored my pants. I'm finding some other enemies a lot tougher to beat than dragons at the moment. One thing that I have noticed is that none of the dragons I've killed have left me anything decent. Usually just the bones and scales, a decent amount of gold and some rubbish fur or iron armor/weapon.

I am playing on adept difficulty. They still shouldn't be as easy as they are, even if I'm not playing on hardest. I'm just going to have to wait until stronger ones start appearing.

I have spent 5 minutes with fighting a Blood Dragon on the Skyborn Altar. I am a Night blade, so it's a little difficult for me to deal with dragons solo. But the sense of accomplishment after grounding that thing, jumping on its head and stabbing it over and over with my dagger was unparalleled. Now I just need to replace the two dozen poisons and potions I had to use for that encounter. They do get progressively harder. If however, they are not hard enough for you right away you could always turn up the difficulty level. At one point I had to fight two Blood Dragons at the same time that turned out to be a very interesting fight.

I am just on level 10 and I also feel they're too easy. I still died a couple of times but still, when you see such a big thing flying over your head and you go "WOW" and when you have some trouble with bears and tigers then you would expect load that save game plenty of times before you kill a dragon. I have killed my 4th and it felt like it was only another one and this is not a big deal. They should be scary and hard every time.

The thing is that every dragon is different! The green dragons are weaker than his brother the white and bronze dragon, it also depends on what dificulty you are playing and what wepons you have at the time with what level you are and what skills you have upgraded and an what perk you have, and through the course of the campain, they will get harder, i am quite far through the main main quest and a level 37, at one point i took hardly any damage what so ever from dragons either if they are frost or fire, but the further you are the harder the become, i just reacently face two white dragons i managed to win but still had to use all my magika on healing myself and postions as well! I was close to death in many pionts of the battle as the thing. Was i wasnt getting hit by both at the same time, but the best way to counter act these dragons that give you promblems us the shout "dragonrend" it is very usleful and forces thee dragons to lan so the dont do hit and runs!

I am a level 20ish Orc and my smithing is 100. The hardest one I have fought is the blood dragon. I use a daedric warhammer(legendary) and an ebony bow (legendary). I normally face dragons at the college and major cities and a couple at riverwood. So I normally have the towns help. Also I'm really mad because a dragon attacked riverwood and killed Alvor.