Thread: Your experience about radiant story and A.I. in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Your experience about radiant story and A.I. in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overhyped or above expectations? I for one have not really experienced this system yet. There are two things that surprised me up till now. Guards asked me to stop using shouts because it frightened the locals, on whom I could respond with uncaring demeanor or respect the request. I accidentally grabbed a cup from one of the dining tables at the thief’s guild location and was told that i also could have asked. Until now I can't really say I have noticed anything about radiant story though.

Re: Your experience about radiant story and A.I. in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am happy with it. I am not bugged with it, and I like the fact that every once in a while someone will tell me about something going on that fits my character. Plus I like the fact people are nice to me when I do something for them, but they do not seem generic about liking me like characters did in Oblivion which seemed like everyone had rules on how to act depending on their disposition of the player.

That guard one didn't seem that amazing to me at all, but I did grab a health potion from the Jarl's place in Whiterun since I was friendly enough for it to not be stealing, and his kid said something to the effect of, "Wow, that was just sitting there? I wish I had grabbed it first." main story was weak. the dragons are cool, but their AI seems either broken or very finite. They said it "wasn’t scripted" but putting scripted AI into the world in random encounters is still scripted. The dragons fly in a perfect box, or they land on the ground for you to murder them and do the same YOL attack over and over.

I voted more than expected. This is because my expectations were not that high. I thought we would get the odd random quest here and there. The good thing is, the game 'hides' this pretty well. If early indications are correct, this game could last a VERY long time because of the infinite quests.

Radiant story is working as I expected. Bought some meat from the market in Windhelm. Mentioned something about delivering Nightshade to someone in town as I had just sold some to trader next to him. Spoke to a local at bottom of Throat of the World and mentioned I was going up. He asked me to deliver something to the chest at the top. I'm hoping the radiant story affects main quests a bit more, rather than 'give item X to person Y.

Now that the game is released, can someone know me what Radiant Story is? I am not sure I have discovered it in game. What examples are there for Radiant Story? And I don't mean the prerelease examples.