Thread: Mehrunes razor weapon in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Mehrunes razor weapon in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I did the quest to get Mehrunes razor, the one where you find all the pieces and bring them to the guy in dawnstar. Well after acquiring it, I have found it's the best weapon I've used so far. It has 22 base damage, ca be upgraded using ebony ingots, and has a small chance of instantly killing your opponent. It usually instant kills an opponent within 7 or 8 strikes, which would probably kill them anyway. I even killed a mammoth with one hit. Anyone got a better weapon?

Re: Mehrunes razor weapon in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I would fire bolt you and you'll never get the chance to run near enough to me to land a single blow. If I cast a wall of fire you'd likely run into it. And if I call invisible you won't be able to see me until it's too late. The rules of combat are no matter how great a warrior you may be, you can never defeat the might of magicka.

Fire bolt just dodge it and sprint into melee range and yes as a mage you are dead now if that was frost bolt I would be worried. If we are going that way poison in your food. Arrow at 100 yards and you has to sleep sometime. You maybe a mage but your still a man that has to sleep. sneak and x 15 dagger backstab + double damage for gloves you just took from my 22 damage eleven dagger 660 points that what 560 overkill

A guy approaches you with a letter (random encounter), and tells you about a museum in dawnstar. Go to dawnstar and find the house across the bay with banners on it. The man at the top of the steps, forgot his name, will be arguing with a woman that tells him "give it up, it's over." Once you meet him he will bring you inside to tour his museum. Low and behold, it's a mythic dawn museum. He tells you about various items and asks you to complete his collect by finding the pieces of mehrune's razor. When you find them and bring them to the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, you get to kill the museum keeper and keep the blade

What about the ebony blade (unique weapon not a crafted sword, it’s a very large two handed katana)? it seems kind of overpowered (the life absorb part of it, since it doesn’t seem to need to be charged), i used it only shortly because I am playing a good guy and having a sword that gets stronger by killing companions is not very fitting for that. Also my own crafted weapon seems to beat anything it has 168 damage now, kills pretty much anything in one hit

My bet is on melee. Appropriately geared, mage damage will be severely (entirely) reduced, while no armor rating is going to stop my enchanted legendary daedric swords from ripping you a new one. As far as pve, which is really more important since there is no pvp in this game, I can't wait to try a mage for my next char. With proper enchanting, he'll be godly.