Thread: In-game accessible encyclopedia of units, monsters, buildings, etc in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

In-game accessible encyclopedia of units, monsters, buildings, etc in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I am regular strategy game player and I have played games like Total War and Civilization. Warlock: Master of the Arcade game is too good as compared to Total War and Civilization. The only missing thing between Warlock: Master of the Arcane and other strategy games that I have played is that there is no in-game encyclopedia. Strategy games are so big, the world and the number of characters and units is so large that one needs have to an encyclopedia to have a clear idea of functions and attributes of each of this entity in the game. In Warlock: Master of the Arcane, as there is no encyclopedia present, it becomes difficult to remember the tech-trees, units, enemies, buildings, terrain types, monsters and other things in this game. I need to remember which tech upgrade unlocks which new tech and similarly, which tech is parent or child of which tech, this is very difficult to remember. Does anyone else too feel that there is need of in-game encyclopedia to provide the users with an better and well-defined gaming experience?

Re: In-game accessible encyclopedia of units, monsters, buildings, etc in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I too agree that a game like Warlock: Master of the Arcane which is based on the fantasy theme needs to have an encyclopedia. This game has a good amount of spells and monsters; there are different types of terrains and upgrades. It becomes difficult to keep track of these things. Also every monster in this game needs to be dealt differently than others in this game. I think a log could have been also used instead of encyclopedia. Developers could have devised a system where once a monster is faced for the first time, its name will appear in encyclopedia or log. Once killed its other details will be mentioned. As user tries different units and spells on a monster, the damage done by that specific unit or spell will start registering in the log. This will become easy to know which unit can cause more damage to a specific type of monster and which does les damage. Using this information, one can decide what the next move should be which units should be placed where.

Re: In-game accessible encyclopedia of units, monsters, buildings, etc in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Developers should at least have provided information about terrain movement cost and defense bonus of each unit. This would have made easy to develop a strategy and plan moves in this game. Every time when I move an unit from one point to another, I have to keep an eye on the defense bonus points and terrain movement cost and calculate it manually to decide the mobility and abilities of an unit. Also these values keep changing for every unit on every different terrain. This becomes more hectic and tiresome when calculating it. At least information regarding it should have been provided in game by the developers.

Developers should at least have provided information about terrain movement cost and defense bonus of each unit. This would have made easy to develop a strategy and plan moves in this game. Every time when I move an unit from one point to another
    I agree with you, games like civilization provides such information for every terrain it has. For example, in muddy area, movement will cost three points while in forest or open areas will cost just two points of the movement points. This information would be available in game by just right clicking on the specific terrain. Also right clicking an unit provides with information like movement points that an unit has, the damage it can inflict in an single attack, its weaknesses and abilities and other such attributes. I think that Warlock: Master of the Arcane too needs this feature. Also such statistic cards should be provided for the features that lie on an terrain of the game. For example, how much more food resources can be extracted from the pig or magic node to should have its own statistic card.
    I think that at least some information must be provided in-game to let the players know man consumption of each unit. It becomes difficult to note down the amount of mana consumed by each spell and amount of man that is being recharged periodically. It would be an great improvement to know the cost of mana for each spell and unit. Also special buildings or resources yielding building must have a statistic card.