Thread: How to remove the vampirism disease in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How to remove the vampirism disease in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This is completely destroying the game for me, as I cannot do anything but wander around in the woods. I can't do quests, I can't enter cities, I can't do anything enjoyable. Does anyone know how to actually completely, permanently remove the vampirism disease? I've tried drinking a disease potion and I've tried activating the 'Shrine of Talos' (it supposedly removes all diseases, but it didn't remove my vampirism).

re: How to remove the vampirism disease in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

You can as long as you feed on a regular basis! All you need to do is to feed on sleeping NPCs and you become a stage 1 vampire. I haven't, and will not, look for a cure vampirism quest as I don't want to find out.

When you get attacked or bitten by a vampire, you get the disease, but you wouldn't be a vampire yet. If you don't cure the disease within a certain amount of time (shrine of talos, potion) you become a vampire. I think there is a quest to get rid of fully fledged vampire-ism. Reload another save from before you became a full vampire and then cure it by going to the shrine of Talos. Good luck!

I actually have no idea. I had no clue I was infected so I just kept on playing until things were getting a little odd. At first I had no clue why NPCs kept attacking me, then after a while I was starting to think it was a bug, so I started looking through patch notes, then I heard about 'Vampirism', and I quickly found out that I had become a vampire. As a vampire, you get a set of new abilities. Personally I haven't even tried any of them, but two things I can remember are: 100% stronger to frost spells. 100% weaker to fire spells (you die pretty much instantly from a dragon's firebreath.

I'm guessing there’s a way to cure it just like in Oblivion. However, Vampires are easy to maintain as long as you feed. Feeding is done by sneaking and approaching a sleeping NPC which will then give you the option to feed. Going into outside farms and buildings at night are easy ways to find prey, don't worry it’s not so bad. By the way, what I said is all assuming it’s mostly the same as Oblivions Vampirism. Look out for that Porphyric Hemophilia!

While in the fight beside the vampires, you have the prospect of getting vampirism whenever land a hit on you. If you bond the disease can be cured with any regular disease potion. However, if you wait three days, the disease becomes enduring, and you will increase the powers of a vampire. There are four stages of vampirism. The more time bypass lacking blood, the majority powerful of the benefits of vampirism will become, but as well the flaws will get poorer. You can just drink the blood of sleeping NPCs. As every stage of vampirism increases, a few effects stay the similar, while changing others.

I still have this problem. Anyone knows how to feed properly? For me it's impossible to find someone who is sleeping without a door. If I open a door and someone is asleep, they wake up before I can get anywhere near them, and even if I find an open house they usually detect me before I can get to them, And yes, I am sneaking as slowly as possible, without any armor whatsoever to minimize the noise. This is truly frustrating. If a Developer is reading this, please tell me what I need to do to fix this annoyance. I never intended to become a vampire and it's destroying the game.

I started my skill level up hidden, but the power you get as a vampire (which makes you invisible for 180 seconds) is not helping because once you enter a house that makes you visible again. Do you know any other tips for food? The locations, etc? Meanwhile I level up my skills more hidden. It is now 41, idk if it is decent or bad. How I can make the time go faster Skyrim? I entered a line to the console which makes an hour of play, an IRL time! I'd go back to this town to go to bed faster.

Re: How to remove the vampirism disease in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The back button across from start waits. The Jarl of Morthal sleeps at night, you just have to use charm on the guards and get to her before she wakes up. I had to do this a few times. Run away from the guards after you do this, and go back and pay your fine. There’s a guy in Morthal that can help you cure it also.

I contracted vampirism, and while going down that path sounds like a good time, it's too early in the game for me - SO... I found that if you get yourself a "Cure Disease" Potion quickly enough (I did it immediately) - you can cure the vampirism and stop it from progressing

[spoiler] to remove the vampire disease after the initial infection you have to become a werewolve (because they are immune to diseases) after that you acan cure being a werewolve by talking to the companions in whiterun [/spoiler]