Thread: How to get a dragon's attention in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How to get a dragon's attention in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone have any idea how I can get a dragon's attention in this game? The only time a dragon ever lands is when there's something else to fry. Deers, wolves, bandits, my horse, anything except that one guy running around madly and trying to shoot at it. Most spells aren't fast enough to reach flying dragons consistently, and even when I do get a hit or two on them they mostly keep ignoring me and swoop away towards easier pray. How do you do it?

re: How to get a dragon's attention in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I go to the highest spot nearby and start shooting arrows at it. Since they are nearly completely non-script, you can't really get their attention easy. If it is at a highly populated area such as an imperial legion camp then the legion will attract its attention. I suggest getting farther into the quest line because they will begin appearing around you like crazy and they seem to stalk you. Before that I just noticed so far i get full attention when i go run straight under the place he is flying around, eventually u hook him up and the fight starts. I spent like u endless arrows and spells shooting from a side; yes it worked sometimes, but not always. Now I just run under him.

Every single time I go into the wilderness there seems to always be a blood dragon waiting for me. I wish I could stay out of their attention.

Throwing a fireball at it seems to do well for me. Or have Lydia decide to shoot arrows at anything that moves. I did have an interesting encounter at fort greymoor. A dragon came in and chased a mammoth into the fort. The mammoth proceeded to kill everything in its sight. Then the mammoth and the dragon went at it. Naturally, the mammoth was winning; I was not expecting that at all. I picked up the kill with a few fireballs and left the mammoth alone, as anything that can take on a dragon and an entire fort of bandits is not something i feel like dealing with.

Re: How to get a dragon's attention in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Picking the fight is easy once it lands, but most often I can't get to it before it leaves. That one time I'd been chasing a dragon for a while. I see another one further away. After 10 minutes of getting upstaged by bandits and goats I didn't stick around to watch two flyers playing with each other and quit.