Thread: Vampirism ruined The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Vampirism ruined The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Clocked about 18 hours and have started doing the brotherhood quests. Got to the part where you have to fight a vampire and his missus, smashed them both and now out of nowhere I am a vampire. Can’t go into any settlement without EVERYONE attacking me, even if i use invisibility potions. Can’t get the cure from the bloke in Falkreath, because everyone jumps me straight away. The blessing stone in Whiterun that cures diseases does nothing at all. I have loved every single second of this game up until now. Now it really is annoying me. How can i fix this?

re: Vampirism ruined The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I don’t know much, but I must say that, you need to feed! Go to a Cabin with NPC's (Hunter's Cabin should serve) out in the wilderness or an open city at night and enters someone's house. Then crouch by her bed and feed from them.

You contract the disease whilst fighting the vampires, so not from nowhere. In the future always check to see if you contracted a disease after fighting vampires, if you did you have 72 game hours to cure yourself with either a potion or blessing (or any other conventional means). It hasn’t killed your game yet, there should be a quest to find a cure, i suggest using the search function on the spoiler, hints, and cheats section. There is a way to heal the vampirism. My game is in German so I can't describe exactly where you have to go. There is a woman in the tavern in Rifton which will tell you a way how to heal the vampirism. She will tell you the name "Falion" which is a vampire expert and you will get a quest.

Very nice scenario that you have described. Actually if i were you, I would keep the role-playing spirit and quest for a cure. Role-play an unwilling vampire and try to resist the urge to feed. When you do eventually find the cure, think about it. Do you really want to go back to a mortal life? Keep it positive. As long as it isn't a game breaking bug, play it as if it’s your character's story. If you become a vampire in Skyrim, does your face distort and get old looking like in oblivion? Is the vampire face bug still there where female vamps get the male vamp face after reloading game?

Bit longer than 2 minutes, I apologies. Right, went to hunters shack, and chose to feed, did it 10 or so times just to be sure, it says my feelings have receded, which is obviously good and the 2nd hunter woke up, and is just swanning around the cabin like there’s nothing wrong, she isn't hostile at all. I will make a couple of saves, going to go to Falkreath and get the quest to cure it. I appreciate everyone’s very speedy feedback and thoughts. Although i really cannot stand this vampire bit, it was testing my patience. Let’s get this cured, on a side note, this is the only thing that I have not liked about the entire game, it’s brilliant!

Re: Vampirism ruined The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Just have to check yourself in future characters after fighting vampires if you have thin Porphyric Hemophilia and let it incubate for 3 days you will turn into a vampire. Again as long as it’s in the incubating stage you can cure it with any conventional means.

i got attacked by a vampire and now i have a disease when i checked my stats but nothings happend how can i tell i have contracted the vampirism disease ????

Quote Originally Posted by Remus_89 View Post
    i got attacked by a vampire and now i have a disease when i checked my stats but nothings happend how can i tell i have contracted the vampirism disease ????
    Since you have contracted with the Vampirism disease, you won’t become a vampire for three days. Until then, you can get rid of the disease with any common disease-curing potion. Try to use the Shrine to Talos outside Whiterun or Dragonsreach, activating the shrine will cure you of all diseases. Hope that helps you out.