Thread: Anyone Fight with Any Dragons Yet in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone Fight with Any Dragons Yet in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone fight with any dragon yet? I am till now, I mean after so lone 20 hours in and I haven't touched the MQ. So this is my question, anyone else yet touches any?

Re: Anyone Fight with Any Dragons Yet in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I fought the scripted dragon in the main quest; I haven't run into any randoms though. Do you have to be so far into the MQ before random dragon encounters happen? 40 hours played & I have finished both the main quest line & civil war quest-lines, but I did spend 20 hours running around gathering the stuff I needed before I started these quests.

Made my first char and ignored the main quest as soon as I got out of the "tutorial". Keep getting my ass kicked by everything at the end of dungeons (but I am playing on Master). Going to try to do the main quest since it'll probably have sub-quests appropriate to my level.

i encountered one random dragon by night but couldn’t hit it with my arrows, then another one once i walked into Falkreath, but at the same time three thugs attacked me send by some Battle-born chick, so i was busy defending myself and not being able to attack it, it flew some rounds over the village and then was gone, townsfolk showed absolutely no reaction to the fact that a frigging dragon circled above their village though. I've found 3 word walls from just exploring. This world is beautiful and packed with content. I haven't done any MQ/Guild quests. Only an 11 miscellaneous quests.

I just fought my first random dragon outside Riften. I was really surprised because I thought I had to proceed further into the MQ before the dragons would start appearing, especially since I had played for a long time (level 12 and taking it very slow) before the first dragon appeared.

As with all the Elder scroll games I have played in the past I like to explore and do a lot of misc. quests to build my experience, learn the lay of the land and a basic knowledge of items and weapons at my disposal. I won’t touch the MQ or any major guild quest until I have a character at least in the high teens. 1 it makes it more interesting in the battles, 2 you don’t get marked and have to reload several times to beat a hard opponent and 3 for role playing purposes I feel like I have to become more hardened and respected before I am a worthy member to join the legion or companions etc. And its just a lot more fun doing quests with all the Easter eggs you get from doing random stuff and dungeon diving!

I just started fighting dragons (on level 17) having not used any shouts or magic (since I am going for an old fashioned warrior). Now I have started to learn some shouts and I am enjoying it very much.