Thread: Quest Under Saarthal stops responding in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quest Under Saarthal stops responding in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

While playing the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game , in that when I reached at one of the level where the quest under Saarthal for the college of Winterhold quest line go to an archaeological dig site. Where I get stuck in a trap and the only way to get out is to blow up one of the walls with an amulet that supercharges your spells. Only problem is when my spell comes in contact with the wall, the game stops responding , am not getting the why this happened and what should I do now for this.

I want to know Is the same happening with you. As I mine is getting stucked at this level and stopped responding

Re: Quest Under Saarthal stops responding in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Actully the same issue is happening with me. I am not able to throw the magic spells on the wall and the same thing happened to me. But after trying several times whenever spell hits the wall the game hangs at that time and stops responding and when I tried rstarting the level again then to had the same problem. So I think if many people are getting such type of problem in playing the game then I guess certainly there is issues in the game regarding this particular level.

For this I would say that you have to wait for the new patch to release as it seems to have some kind of bug in the game. and I think it would fixed in the new patch which I guess will be releasing soon though they have not given any dates for the new patch but still you have be patience for this.

I don’t seem any such thing in the game as you have mention above. Since mine is working fine at the quest under sarthal for the college of winterhold. I am able to hit the wall with the speel and nothing gets hanged the game is working smaoothly for me and after seeing your issue in this thread I tried again restarting the level for this and I found out nothing such issues for the quest under sarthal. I don’t know why are you all are getting such problem for the quest under sarthal.

According to me it seems the game has the bug and that’s the reason that the game stops rsponding at the quest under sarthal for all including me.

If you persisting the problem of not responding when you try to play the game at the quest under sarthal in which you have to spell the magic to blow off the walls with the help of amulet superchargers on of the walls and when you try to do that the game hangs over there and stops responding so for this you can try doing this and see playing this level again whehter he same thing happens again or not. According to me it should be able to solve th issue after doing this.

Try editing this : for this type “TCL” in the console , now go behind the wall and turn off the TCL and then blow the wall with some magic from backside.. finally you have done it.

I tried doing with the procedure above and I could say that the above solution worked for me and am able to hit the walls with the amulet supercharge and after which the game is working fine without stucking up or hanging. I must say that those who are gatting similar type of issue for this must surely try the above solution as it will solve your issue with the quest under sarthal.

I did with the TCL thing , but I’m not able to figure it out how to make the quest "work". If I do anything to the wall, instant freeze and have to Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I had this. Go stand near the grate that appeared. Use a spell to shoot the wall and then the second you release the spell turn around so the effect is not on screen. This worked for me. Every time i used a spell and watched the effect it hung.

Did you do exactly what I said? You type TCL into console, go behind the wall, disable TCL, get right up to the wall, hit it with destruction, and type showracemenu into the console for good measure
    EDIT: You can also try this, when you go to the wall go right into the corner of the wall and the adjacent wall, and with your crosshair pointed away from the main part of the breakable wall, fire off the destruction in such a way that it hits the edge of the breakable wall.

Same thing happened to me, and instead TCL thing, I used Firebolt.
    Just cast a Firebolt to the wall from a distance and before the Firebolt reaches the door, get out of the sight of the wall. That worked fine for me.

!Confirmed!

I tried all the tricks on this page, and finally the "not having the effect on screen" worked. like he says, just make sure your not able to watch the door explode, and your good. Made an acct just to post this here1

Quote Originally Posted by Malihulya View Post
    Same thing happened to me, and instead TCL thing, I used Firebolt.
    Just cast a Firebolt to the wall from a distance and before the Firebolt reaches the door, get out of the sight of the wall. That worked fine for me.
    Yea thats work for me also just stay on distance from the wall and use fire bolt or something (no touch spells) and try to turn back as fast as you can;]

P.S my english sucks cuz I'm from Poland -_-