Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim under the bug

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim under the bug

I have seen many of the complaints regarding low quality of the graphics (or occasionally the sound), the bad UI, the lack of key binding options and the numerous error/bugs. After reading those, I come to the conclusion that Bethesda does not care about their PC customers but I am sure that they enjoy our extra money in their pockets. I had to go to 5 retailers before I found a copy of this game for PC and I got the last copy. I may have gotten the last PC retail copy in town. Every retailer had it in stock for Xbox & PS. This tells me that either Bethesda or the retailer underestimated the PC market for this product and perhaps overestimated it for console. I have no idea how much of the market for Bethesda is PC, but pissing that market off is the most excellent way to get it near to 0%.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim under the bug

This game was made for console through PC as an afterthought and along with that comes many disappointments. Being designed for console I can understand the graphics not being up to par with what a PC can handle these days. Although couldn't Bethesda at least tweak the programming to utilize PC hardware properly? Is that too much to ask? What about the UI? Does it really take that much time and effort to restructure it for PC? If so how about just getting what you've already got to work well? Every game for PC should allow key binding for every action to the key pad and mouse. This is PC Games Class 100 material. I'm a lefty and have a large drawer full of games from the past decade and when moving a character on a screen is involved. I can key bind the movements and actions to the numeric keypad for all of those games. The bugs people are reporting are too numerous to list, but many fit in the same category.

If the PC market is shrinking there shouldn't be any wonder as you are creating a self fulfilling prophecy. I have a pretty high end system and the opening scene seemed to be working for me, but I never got past my inability to key bind to the numeric key pad. If I had known I could not do this I never would have bought the product to begin with. This is so basic and every other game I have like this allows me to do so. I never even considered it to be a possibility that there could be such a simple over sight. It's so simple an over sight on such a basic feature that I can only conclude that the PC version of this game was only given a dime's worth of attention.

This is my first Bethesda purchase and unless patches are coming soon to address these issue's it is likely to be my last. If you are only going to make games for console then stick with console. Advertising it as a "Games for Windows" in this state is terrible.

I don't know if you thought about this, but people who love the game are not going to be on the forums complaining about it, they're going to be playing the game. By the way, people are searching for some technical solution and not complaining about this.

I love how people bash him. There are a lot of threads where people post concerns and opinions in a much less classier way. The Witcher 2 made my jaw drop, and say, Whoa, this is what it's about. Granted TW2 is a bit different of a game. But still I expected my jaw to be dropping in Skyrim and while it is in SOME instances. Others it just sees the lack of PC consideration.

I have never had a console and there is no plan to ever have a console. But, I have to live in the world as it is and I would like it to be. So what if Skyrim is designed to accommodate Xbox, PS3 and PC. So what if platform optimization needs to be tweaked a bit yet. The game runs pretty good out of the box on my 4 year old rig. I am running on High graphics with 30 FPS and very few issues. My main gripe is UI problem with the key map issue. For such a complex game it runs very well with few problems which I expect will mostly get patched in short order.

Hopefully there will be a patch optimizing it. I got poor performance, even when I should be able to run at high/ultra. I would appreciate for fixing CPU problems and a patch for DX11.

Each amusement for PC ought to permit key tying for each movement to the crux cushion and rodent. This is PC Games Class 100 material. I'm a lefty and have an expansive drawer full of recreations from the past decade and when moving an element on a screen is included. I would be able to key tie the developments and activities to the numeric keypad for the sum total of those diversions.