Thread: Black screen while playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Black screen while playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I have some problem with the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Actually, while playing the game, I get black screen after every 5 minutes of play. After a few seconds it comes back with the FPS dropped to 70 to 20. Now I play on medium at 1680x1080 as that is my recommended setting. But after the FPS drop the lag becomes unbearable so I have to restart the game with the lowest settings available, and that gets me onto about 22-25 fps. Can you guess that what is the reason for this and how this can be resolved?

Re: Black screen while playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

You should first conform that the GPU (or CPU) is not getting overheated while playing the game as this can be considered as one of the possible reason for this issue.

There might be some of the programs that are running in the background of the system and so system is not able to run the game properly for you. Check for that and end any such program from your computer. Other than this you can also try by disabling antivirus or some monitoring programs to see if that is the reason for the issue.

You can try by updating the graphic driver in your computer. If there is any problem with the graphic driver then you might get the issues similar to this. Many of such issues get resolved after updating the driver and I hope that it will do the same for you.

I think that you might have got a fairly old video card these days. I would like to tell you that nVidia released a Beta driver on 11/10/2011 specifically for Skyrim. I am not sure that if that driver will run with the 9800 series or not. This is also depends on your operating system.

Just check the minimum system requirement of the game and compare that with your sustem. See to it that if the system that you are using is fulfilling the system requirement or not. You may have to upgrade your system for that.