Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is killing display drivers

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is killing display drivers

I have installed The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer and after installing the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer I started playing the game. I am facing issue with the display drivers while playing this game. Sometimes my screen goes black. Some time while playing this game monitors stops getting the signal. I don’t know what is wrong but this problem is really frustrating for me. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is killing display drivers

I have read your problem and first thing I will suggest you to try is to run the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game by turning off the V-Sync and anti-aliasing option from the game and after turning off these options you have to run the game again and then check whether same issue is occurring or not.

What is your system specification? In your problem you have not mentioned anything about your system specification. Post your system specification so that I can help you to solve this problem.

I am asking for the system specification because sometimes this type of problem occurs because system configuration does not match with the requirements of the game.

The requirement of the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game is like
    Windows 7 or Vista or XP operating system
    Need Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
    RAM 2GB and 6GB free Hard disk Space
    Graphic card with 512 MB of RAM

In my computer I have windows 7 operating system and I have Intel core i5-2400 @ 3.10GHz processor, 8GB RAM and AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card. I think according to requirements of the game my system configuration is proper. I have tried to solve this problem by disabling the various graphic options from the system setting and after trying that also I was facing the same problem. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

In your problem you have mentioned that sometimes while playing the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game your monitor stops receiving the signal and that is why I will suggest you top try another game and then check whether same problem is coming or not. if you get the same problem with other game then I think you should remove the graphic card from your computer and after removing the graphic card you have to connect the graphic card with your computer again and after that check whether same problem occurring or not. I think after reconnecting the graphic card in your computer will fix this issue.

If you need any more help then let me know.

According to me by reinstalling the graphic card drivers in your computer this problem will get solved. first you should open the device manger in your computer and after opening the device manger in your computer you have to remove the drivers of the AMD Radeon HD 6870 from there and after removing the graphic card drivers from your computer you have to reboot the computer and after rebooting the computer you have to run Ccleaner in your computer and after running the Ccleaner in your computer you have to install the graphic card drivers in your computer again and after installing the graphic card drivers in your computer you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

Same problem occurred with my system while playing the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game and then I have first thought that there is something to workaround with the setting of the game and then I have tried all the setting and also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the drivers of graphic card with no luck. Now after that I have downloaded the latest drivers for my graphic card and then installed in my system and then problem will get solved.

If you want to download the latest drivers for the AMD Radeon HD 6870 card then you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after that you have to click on the download button and after clicking on the download button you have to download the drivers and install in your computer.

If reinstalling the graphic drivers does not help you and problem is occurring with this game only then you should uninstall the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from your PC and then you have to install the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game again and after installing the game again in your computer your problem will get solved.