Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim new beta NVIDIA drivers and flickering mountain LOD

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim new beta NVIDIA drivers and flickering mountain LOD

I am talking about the new beta NVIDIA drivers that how do they work. Have you found any difference in FPS or graphical bugs, etc? Have any problems occurred, since its beta drivers? Other than this, I currently have the "flickering mountain LOD" problem and I can't fix it. I tried to change ALL the LOD .ini settings to see if they can affect it, but this cannot be fixed. I've been reading on the web though that updating your NVIDIA drivers could solve "texture flickering". I am wondering for those of you who have had this "flickering mountain LOD" issue and that also has updated your NVIDIA drivers. Is there somebody who have managed to get this problem resolved. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim new beta NVIDIA drivers and flickering mountain LOD

I have updated the NVIDIA drivers and found that there is no FPS change. Don’t know about others, let’s see what other people reply on this.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim new beta NVIDIA drivers and flickering mountain LOD

This is really very bad. It only happens to some mountains though and after a specific distance. I found one solution for this and for that you will have to set the "distant object detail" to medium. However that makes much more LOD popups and LOD ugly, so not really the best solution but you can try this by the time you get the solution for this.

The Beta drivers from 11/10/2011 (Version: 285.79) are the just the drivers I have tried with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. But that is running smooth on my system at Ultra settings and on my wife's GTX 260 at Medium (1440x900). There is no graphical anomalies or flickering at all. Some of the times there is only the crash to desktop and other minor complain about across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Parker View Post
    The Beta drivers from 11/10/2011 (Version: 285.79) are the just the drivers I have tried with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. But that is running smooth on my system at Ultra settings and on my wife's GTX 260 at Medium (1440x900). There is no graphical anomalies or flickering at all. Some of the times there is only the crash to desktop and other minor complain about across the board.
    I also have got GTX 260 and I can run at half-Ultra but with that darn flickering. Good to know though that the Beta drivers seem to work nicely. I have emailed Bethesda and hope that they are become aware of this issue for the subsequent patch.

You can try by reinstalling the game and see if that can help you to get the issue resolved. There are many of the similar cases with other games as well which get resolved and I hope that it will do the same for you.