Thread: Any idea about Radiant Story in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Any idea about Radiant Story in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone have any idea about this? I am wondering if Radiant Story is really like they portrayed it to be. Is it even in the game? I haven't seen anything to prove it exists. I also noticed the snow is not like Bethesda said, it doesn't pile up realistically. Has anyone else had any experiences with Radiant Story?

Re: Any idea about Radiant Story in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Whiterun Bounty always is random. There are other random quest locations as well. Not a single quest sent me to a cleared dungeon yet.

Nice touch, like being called a sneak thief having stolen nothing and having less than 30 in sneak, even in holds it's the first time I've been too showing no sign that I'm about to pickpocket. I was really hoping "You're a sneaky looking sort" would not be back because if I'm so sneaky how come everyone fricken notices, is it an aura gained of shadow with new Vegas lights if you have ever crouched? Haven't seen any solid sign yet of radiant story taking place but many quests it can't (only one dungeon I've been in as a keyhole like that so far). I did have a random event, well 2 actually at the same time, bandit ambushing in waves and a hunter chasing a fugitive, it seemed bug though and couldn't get any more of the story for the chase, maybe there wasn't though and it was a straight forward robbery.

I have. I've seen bears and sabertooth tigers sleeping. I've also seen goats drinking from a river and a wolf hunting down a goat. The Voice of the Sky blessing (which makes animals non-hostile and so they don't flee from you) is convenient for observing a lot of neat animal behavior in the game. I honestly think it will be hard to tell what radiant story is and what isn't until we all have at least 2 playthroughs under our belts. As others have said, if an NPC doesn't mention the item or location by name it is probably a Radiant Story quest. Of course, some quests could only be HALF radiant story - i.e. the person to rescue, item to retrieve, etc. is set and the the quest giver talks about them by name and in detail, but the game puts those things in a random dungeon you haven't been to. I've suspected this on a couple of quests so far.

I think the little "courier" quests are random/radiant as well. I had cleared a fort east of Whiterun; can't remember the name. I used my new dragon shout a few times. Then I headed to a small town east of that, and a courier slipped me a note. It actually said that I used a shout, and the name of the fort I was at, and then sent me on a quest to find another word of power. It was pretty damn cool!