Thread: Is there a Safe loot without buying a house in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Is there a Safe loot without buying a house in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I don't even have enough for the training I want, so buying a house is out of the question. Is there a safe place in or around Whiterun I can store loot? Somewhere is it fine too, I guess. Please no spoilers though.

Re: Is there a Safe loot without buying a house in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

If you’re having money problems, do what i do. When clearing out a dungeon, loot everything, your character can still move, but very slowly, then make your way to the nearest vendor (cant fast travel when over encumbered, haven’t tested if u can ride a horse still though) by a combination of slow walking and using one handed power attacks to get u there (dagger and longsword propel you a few meters ahead really fast), easily make 1000 gold after selling all that loot.

Treat any storage that IS NOT an owned property by the PC as safe. Just to be sure. So far, accommodation/storage has been confirmed in Whiterun, after completing the Bleak Falls Barrow quest from the Jarl. Unfortunately it does cost a pretty penny (5000gp). Available for purchase from Proventus Avenicci, found in the Jarl's palace. Alternatively, I think the city of Riften (the recruitment city for DB and TG) has a comparatively cheaper house for sale. While the accommodation isn't as flash, it should be perfect for the new comer to Skyrim, or an up-and-coming thief/assassin.

If you choose to leave with the surviving prisoners go meet his sister and you get a key to her house and a bed and chest of draws. Other way is join a guild house in one of the city's. If you kill the dragon at Whiterun you get an armed servant that can carry stuff and fight for you.