Thread: Killed my first dragon The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Killed my first dragon The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The battle was going on for like 15 minutes. Just me and the Dragon. Apparently this was a frost breathing dragon, so as a Nord I was highly resistant to it. I kept poisoning my silver sword and waiting for it to land to whack it and then used my shield from protecting me from the Dragon trying to whack his head at me. So this went on for 15 minutes until I was almost dead and he was almost dead. And then I switched my shield for restoration and I took quick turns between slicing and healing. It was like slice, heal, slice heal. And then he died.

Re: Killed my first dragon The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I was fighting one near Sky Haven Temple and the damn thing wouldn't land near me. So I decided to run up a nearby hill and there was a sort of plateau area, it finally landed near me and the battle raged on for a good ten minutes, then I finally killed it. The most epic part was when it died; it kind of stood back on its hind legs and fell off the edge due to physics, never felt so badass in my life.

I've killed four now, two for quests and two from encounters. One was particularly difficult because I'm a warrior and the damn thing wouldn't land until it was near death, so I had to use my one spell and the ~20 arrows I had. Wasn't fun. Now I know to bring plentiful arrows.

I have killed several of them and most have been A LOT easier than other "boss" characters. They also have never dropped anything good so far except their bones and scales which you always get. Have not gotten any new shouts from the last 3 dragons either, I am not exactly sure how it works. I just get the message “you have absorbed dragon soul". Anyway most dragons seem to be rather easy if you stay away from their head and keep hitting it near the legs. If you have other enemies/friends nearby to distract the dragon for a while it will help a lot.

I was on a quest where i had to follow something somewhere. Lured me into a cave. After about 2 minutes into the cave i encountered 2 vampires i just could not beat. So i tuck my tail between my legs and ran as fast as i could out of there. What was waiting for me outside. Luckily i had a hunter aiding me, he stayed alive for about 30 seconds then i was on my own in the middle of nowhere. But i eventually defeated the dragon. It was Intense! Also unlocked my first word of a shout, crouched near a table full of crap and shouted, haven’t laughed so hard in a long time!

My first random was out on the snowy plains just outside Winterhold, was on top of a crevice looking down onto two bandits, killed one with my bow, second ran up the crevice to get to me, but i climbed down to loot the corpse, got to it when a shadow the length of the crevice glided past me, crapped myself and looked up to see its tail vanish over a mountain, i was pretty confident so i headed to the mountain, half way there it flew over, sprayed some fire across the ground at me, then ensued a half hour long battle, the second bandit been thrown 50ft into the air at some point, I am my own class, Arcane Assassin, basically no melee, just Bow, Destruction and Resto, so i was kiting with Ice Magic and the occasional Bow, pumping a lot of mana into healing myself and diving behind rocks and tracking back as i attacked, by the time i downed it we were about 500m away from where it first revealed itself, was absolutely epic.

If you talk to the Greybeards, specifically the leader, name starts with an A(not in game right this instant) you can ask them if they know where a Word is, and they will mark it on your map, you still have to travel there though, unless you already happened across that location and somehow missed the Word.