Thread: Found crossbow in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Found crossbow in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What is this? Again Bethesda lies on us. Another lie Bethesda or rather Todd Howard lied a lot about this game. As I state in my title that I found crossbow in this game. Go to archery. Go to bows. Under bows it's listed with the bows. Any response or any other lie about this?

Re: Found crossbow in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

If what you're saying is true it doesn't make Bethesda look good. Any game company caught lying is bound to lose some future customers. Sarcasm/jokes are not good for PR. Just makes loyal customers lose trust in Bethesda.

I thinks Beth, lied believing that IF we find them on our own. We would be very happy about it. Not angry for telling us in advance, it puts a twist kind of on the game, makes you wonder what else there is, maybe spears? Who knows? What it does it makes you look everywhere, and put more time in the game. To be honest, I'm glad they lied. If they didn't Crossbows would be everywhere and wouldn't be as valuable or rare. I mean how many people are going to have a crossbow in the game? Walks up to Falmer with bow”

Not sure, I didn't get an oblivion book. This one is very vague though. Especially with puzzles, it’s wordy. They should've found different ways of explaining things. I got this one because it's near 700 pages is helpful with dungeon layouts and character creations. It gives you the exact specs for each Race before you decide. Also gives you tips on what to upgrade if you want to be a mage, assassin, spellsword, etc. I actually think A crossbow in game is worse than 0 crossbows in game. 0 crossbows it could be because they didn't have the time to make the animation or something, A crossbow means they took the time to do it, but for some really lame reason didn't make a few different models and populate the world with them.

I hate to tell you but you might not find any bolts in game. I just checked my guide just in case and there is no sign of bolts or crossbow which means it's most likely a decorative weapon. I was curious too about that crossbow since I'm a pure archer and 35 damage seemed amazing. But I'm checking my official guide and there is no sign of any crossbow in the weapons table. I'll check more just to be sure and I'll check that location too.

I'm pretty sure its fake & the OP is lying. Apparently all the crossbow is, is an item. Like 'fox pelt', you get the sphere crossbow when you kill one of the dwemer sphere mobs. It's just an artifact for selling, you can't use it.

I'm playing on ps3. No bolts found. Found it in the last room of the fort in the upper right hand corner. Also um can't be modded for console. I have no PC use mobile internet from iPod. Only camera I have is on it. Also number of spells is less. Hopefully didn't miss any comments no pic yet. Anything else. Did you look under bows? Just to be thorough.

Tried using the item codes on Uespwiki to add crossbow and bolts to inventory but it doesn't show up - still says that the item has been added though so the code for them is certainly in the game. don't have time to try to find them ingame but maybe there’s something weird stopping them from showing in my inventory.

Using player.placeatme I was able to add the arrows as seen above, doing the same trick with the crossbow itself resulted in a weird texture smaller than the crosshair. I could pick up neither the arrows nor the crossbow - game just wouldn't let me. I am guessing either cut content, a monster only weapon or a weapon which can only be got a certain way and trying to add the item using codes is what's causing the item to not appear/being unable to be picked up. The really annoying thing is that if we had the Modding Toolset we could find out which it was in a matter of seconds.

The Dwarven Sphere Crossbow is a monster weapon (i.e. only used by the Dwarven Sphere Centurions), when equipped using console commands (because when added to your inventory it doesn't appear on your menu accessed list) it just looks like one of the other regular bow types (it even fires arrows).