Thread: Dagger vs. Bow in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dagger vs. Bow in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

As my title state which is good one? Anyone have any idea about this both gameplay? Which is best stealth gameplay? Using daggers to kill up close, or picking off targets from afar with the bow?

Re: Dagger vs. Bow in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Daggers stealth kills make for a more intense experience. Makes you act more cautiously like you have a reason to be sneaking; the bow should be the secondary method. If a quick stab to the back is too hard or inconvenient.

I prefer both. Bow is easier and probably more effective at lower levels, but once you gain mastery over Sneak, maybe a bit of Illusion and/or Alchemy, and of course that 15x damage for stealth dagger attacks, there's not much better. I really like the way both styles feel when you use them. I love that bows are stronger and that Archery seems to level more quickly than in Oblivion, and the animation for a critical 15x stealth dagger attack (along with the sheer awesomeness that it entails) don't need to be explained.

I am now level 28, Thief, ninija, assain, archer etc. I have finished Dark Brotherhood & Theifs Guild quest lines. The start of the game your skills are so poor at sneaking & it is very hard to assassinate. I went bow (till 40ish skill) with some duel wielding when need. At the same time leveling my stealth. Once my Stealth is up I switched to 99.99% Dagger kills. Once you get the stealth roll, it is VERY easy to set up 1shots. With the Gear I have backstabs are 30x Dmg, Which will 1shot everything that I can’t cut its throat. By the way, for people wanting to know how to slit someone’s throat, must us a dagger with the attack, Have too press forward and the attack with the dagger, stealthed / hidden. You backstab by Holding down the Attack (charge) and hit them in the back. There are gloves that will double this number, so if you have unlocked the 15x with daggers and have the gloves that double your backstab you will see a 30x dmg, works grate for things you can slit throats of.

You're being confusing and not answering the question. If you're using an iron dagger and are in sneak mode behind a human, if you press forward and attack, it will result in a 1-hit-ko neck-slice. Yes? This is what you communicated to me earlier with your words. I 'assumed' if your sneak attack results in a kill, then it will play the neck-slice animation. You were saying, however, that as long as you attack them in sneak mode from behind, it will do an instant-kill neckslice no matter what your weapons damage is.

I am not sure now if you are talking to me or the previous poster. I read in a previous post that someone mentioned to do the slit-throat motion, you needed a dagger. I replied that I have done it with a 1 handed sword as well. I myself am not sure what the criteria is needed to perform the motion. I know I've been standing behind someone and attacked while in sneak and got the motion. I'm not sure if I was pressing forward or not. But I haven't always gotten the slit-throat for every back-stab kill myself.

Well like I said earlier, I still don't know what the criterion is. I just tried out some things. Not pressing forward and only pressing the attack caused it to happen, and also moving while sneaking caused it. And then sometimes it wouldn't do it but would still kill in one hit like normal. I even was more on the left shoulder of my target around a corner but I could still see them and when I attacked it did the motion. So I don't know really what to say. Right now in the sneak tree I've only "leveled" up to muffled movement and backstab (which causes the 6x damage for all 1h weps).