Thread: Reasons for fps slowdown in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Reasons for fps slowdown in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hello friends, I want to know what is the reason for FPS slowdown in the game; as I am playing the game the FPS slowdown and the game is not able to play the game. I hope someone have played and also getting the same problem. You might have got the solution and also you have solved the problem of the FPS slowdown in the game. So kindly tell me and help me solve the problem. Thank you.

Re: Reasons for fps slowdown in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Well the game director of the Bethesda Game Studios have told that the, "The world you see, you have all this art. But there is another version of the world, a simpler version of the AI in the game, the AI that the characters used to maneuver. So really there are two worlds, which are drawn, and is used for shock and navigation, "I am an artificial intelligence, where you can actually walk?" Because the resolution of what is being drawn on the screen is so complicated, that if the AI had to look at it would be too slow. So it actually has a completely different world running as well. We did it in Fallout 3 also. Oblivion did not do as they did in Fallout and Skyrim. Skyrim since it more worlds is much bigger than Fallout”
    It should be added to the burden of the CPU (along with the shadows, etc) and may help explain the slowdown in FPS / freezing lag / game...

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    Well the game director of the Bethesda Game Studios have told that the, "The world you see, you have all this art. But there is another version of the world, a simpler version of the AI in the game, the AI that the characters used to maneuver. So really there are two worlds, which are drawn, and is used for shock and navigation, "I am an artificial intelligence, where you can actually walk?" Because the resolution of what is being drawn on the screen is so complicated, that if the AI had to look at it would be too slow. So it actually has a completely different world running as well. We did it in Fallout 3 also. Oblivion did not do as they did in Fallout and Skyrim. Skyrim since it more worlds is much bigger than Fallout”
    It should be added to the burden of the CPU (along with the shadows, etc) and may help explain the slowdown in FPS / freezing lag / game...
    Interesting, good to know that regardless of which can not directly assist in making the game playable for us to have problems. Still do not understand how everyone has so many problems with the CPU being pushed hard, I'm running all settings on high and shadows and I am using only about 38% of my CPU, I have only one I3 Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    I will say no. Are you suggesting that his "calculation of two versions of the world" that's slow? Because this quotation explains, the whole point of having the two is that CPU would be needed if vastly more high-detail version is also being used by AI in their place with a different version, simpler. This is why today's computers can calculate, not something extra that they are being asked to deal with. Reread the quote. This is also true for the game at all times, so one would not do to explain the sudden slowing down or freezing. If it were somehow make the game slower rather than faster, just always be slow. This affects the base speed of the game, not surprising that the specific cases that something has changed the speed of what it was before.

There are two problems with theory which the “name of reply 1” told to you to do.
    • The CPU isn’t being completely used
    • The GPU isn't being completely used either

I think if the CPU bottlenecks may have a reason underperforming GPU. But if not, then it is clear that Bethesda designed the game for Xbox hardware (GPU and CPU shared memory) and that's what makes scrappily in the high-end systems with discrete components.

I have an AMD 6950. My FPS was striking in the ultra as a slide show and a couple of accidents. I turn AA and FXAA, checked the box on the menu in advance, now the game works very well.