Thread: How long they are going to continue PC games after stopping Xbox 360 version

How long they are going to continue PC games after stopping Xbox 360 version

Clearly the game on the PC is suffering from console infection. The game was developed for the Xbox360 as the PRIMARY hardware, as Oblivion sold like hotcakes for the xbox360 and out sold the PC version. So rightfully, they decided to cater to who spent the most cash with them on Oblivion - the console games. I have nothing against console gamers - until they start to degrade a PC game to such a horrible graphical state so the damn think will run OK on get this - seven year old hardware. Yes, the 360 is almost 7 years old. And we are wondering why the game looks terrible on the PC?

Re: How long they are going to continue PC games after stopping Xbox 360 version

I think the game looks amazing on ultra @ 1920*1080. (Except shadows which i have on low since they are bugged and cause major lag) Games don't need anything more than dx9 to look good. While i agree, i wish they put more effort into the pc version, i highly disagree that the game looks bad.

Re: How long they are going to continue PC games after stopping Xbox 360 version

Ya, but here the actual question is have the developers kept up and continued the development of the PC version to bring it up to 2011 standards - not 2005 graphic standards? So many bought high ends GPU's that cost 400 bucks or more - just for this game. And we find out that the game is using Direct X 9, NOT Direct X 11. And we find out the real reason the game is only 5.1 gigs - very low resolution textures. No word on the DX 11 upgrade that was suggested, and one has to wonder if they have even kept continuing developing the game after the 360 version was done.

Remind me when Bethesda ever mentioned DirectX 11 implementation and refer me to the information that GTX580s would be necessary to run the game or would unlock special graphical features. I do agree that Skyrim is suffering from consolitis and that really is unfortunate, but for everyone to somehow be completely surprised that such would be the case just boggles my mind. The problem here was this blind over-hyping and Bethesda worship by a majority of forum-goers who thought that a game, yes, a game, would be the second coming of Christ and would retain all the trimmings of a PC exclusive (when it was rather obviously going to be multiplatform from the onset).

Of course it's a console port and given it's a Bethesda game, of course it's going to be buggy. PC gamers can only bide their time at this point and wait for patches and player mods to rectify the problems appearing at launch.

It’s not Bethesda's fault that you mistakenly assumed Skyrim was going to be Crysis 3. The lead platform was Xbox 360. You had to have known that prior to release. If you thought it was going to be more technically demanding than Oblivion, you were deluding yourself. They never stopped developing the 360 version. That's all they developed, right up until the game was printed on the discs. Then they rushed out a day one patch for the PC to make it so that you could actually click things. So they got one out of roughly fifty major bugs for the PC version.

This has nothing to do with DX9, DX9 isn’t limitation, and DX9 can do lots of things which DX10/11 can (Exclude tessellation only for ATI/AMD HD2000-HD5000 which has 2 tessellation units (one legacy known from HD2000 era and second DX11, in DX10-10.1 you can make some fallback tessellation too). Look how Crysis looks with DX9 or Crysis 2 so really DX9 isn’t problem, but problem are low-res assets and textures and other technologies in games.