Thread: Logo of Skyrim turns to Artifacts and also the Video Card crashes while playing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Logo of Skyrim turns to Artifacts and also the Video Card crashes while playing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hello friends, I am having a problem very similar to the rest of the companions of my PC, but with a twist. The game still crashes on the intro screen, but hangs on the desktop, and instead of the video card crashes. The logo shows Skyrim provided by a couple of seconds before breaking into the artifacts and freezes. My screen does not respond well at that point I have to restart my computer. This is faster than my resolution is higher, and if I'm in full screen. This seems to be a bug in graphics. The sound is played normally, but the game freezes, crashes and makes my video screen is not responding. Please help, this game is completely new and should be able to play!

System Specification:
    • Operating System: Windows 7-64 bit
    • Video Card: Radeon HD 4850 1 GB Version
    • RAM: 4 GB of OCZ Gold
    • Processor: AMD Phenom X3 2.8 GHz (3 cores)

Re: Logo of Skyrim turns to Artifacts and also the Video Card crashes while playing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

At random times (it may obtain longer than additional times) my Skyrim hangs my computer. A screen appears black, my monitor light turns orange (do not feed the video card) and hangs on my music. I have to close and restart the PC manually. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with 560 Ti. And of course, is different from the desktop crashed IMO. Our fully closed clash PC monitor goes black and nothing helps to reset. I've noticed this happens when I open large map, and click somewhere. It crashed into the map only maybe once or twice, so that only I have the feeling that is a big map "at risk" area for this problem, but it can happen, as I said, anytime, but may take more time.

Re: Logo of Skyrim turns to Artifacts and also the Video Card crashes while playing the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

It's not what they want to hear, but my first thought is that the GPU is clogged with dust or severely or die alone. There is simply no way a Bink video or what the introduction is artefacting can cause in a healthy GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by mbangali View Post
    At random times (it may obtain longer than additional times) my Skyrim hangs my computer. A screen appears black, my monitor light turns orange (do not feed the video card) and hangs on my music. I have to close and restart the PC manually. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with 560 Ti. And of course, is different from the desktop crashed IMO. Our fully closed clash PC monitor goes black and nothing helps to reset. I've noticed this happens when I open large map, and click somewhere. It crashed into the map only maybe once or twice, so that only I have the feeling that is a big map "at risk" area for this problem, but it can happen, as I said, anytime, but may take more time.
    The same thing happens to me. Thank God I'm not alone. I'm using a 6800HD, so I'm glad to see that it is only a matter of ATI and more people have the same problem, so it has the potential to get fixed faster.

I have an Ultra 750 Watt power supply, 1GB Radeon HD 4850 version. I think it's important to note that, literally, all other parties and the function works on my PC, so it's strange to say that my computer is failing. Clean my PC, and tried to fix all the others suggested, without success. It may be a problem with the video RAM is running out quickly.

Finally, someone with the same problem as me. And the same card! I also I have a Radeon HD 4850, and I am experiencing the same problem. Just as the dragon statue thing appears in the beginning, extends / the tears and goes to the artifacts. Unfortunately, it does after the mine is in turn in the incredible BSOD, and I say atikmpag.sys have found a bug (or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyi7 View Post
    Finally, someone with the same problem as me. And the same card! I also I have a Radeon HD 4850, and I am experiencing the same problem. Just as the dragon statue thing appears in the beginning, extends / the tears and goes to the artifacts. Unfortunately, it does after the mine is in turn in the incredible BSOD, and I say atikmpag.sys have found a bug (or something).
    I was playing and the newer drivers or older are more or less stable, but still crash lol. That file. Sys is the graphics driver I believe. Playing with graphics (AA, anisotropic filtering) also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyi7 View Post
    I was looking for an answer to your problem, try uninstalling the video drivers and reinstall. If you do not get any success, then return to a previous driver. This is a very common problem that new drivers can sometimes be unstable.

I was playing with some drivers too, but unfortunately none of them worked. I tried the latest and some of the oldest (10.--). So far, nothing has been fixed. Luckily, ATI / AMD is coming out with a new driver this week, we hope to solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
    I was looking for an answer to your problem, try uninstalling the video drivers and reinstall. If you do not get any success, then return to a previous driver. This is a very common problem that new drivers can sometimes be unstable.
    I told them I already reverted back to 10.--, and several other drivers. I've tried installing, reinstalling, rolling back, skip forward, dancing from side to side...

Well, I was able to get the game going. The good news is that the game itself is stable, for 60 years, without delay, etc. The bad news is that the problem is still there. 3D models and loading screens entry screen still explode in the artifacts, effectively breaking my computer. The solution I have used is Alt + Tab, basically, when these objects from 3D visualization and the game will automatically resume when the environment is loaded. This is the only thing I can find to make the game work. I guess it works because the item is not actively being rendered. No matter, however, this is a temporary solution until Bethesda / ATI decide that the game is really stable!