Thread: unable to get sound after Bethesda logo in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game

unable to get sound after Bethesda logo in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game

I have installed The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer and after installing the game when I launch the game at that time I get sound till Bethesda logo appears and after that sound stopped coming. Is there anything wrong with the game or there is something wrong with the game?

Re: unable to get sound after Bethesda logo in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game

I think you should first check the windows sound setting. G to the windows sound setting and after that you have to check whether all the setting is proper or not. you have to also check whether audio quality is set to 41000hz or not. if it is not set to the 4100HZ then set it to 4100HZ first and after setting it to 4100Hz you have to start The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game again and after that check whether sound is coming properly or not.

If you are facing the same problem after trying the above solution also then you should uninstall the sound drives from your computer and after uninstalling the sound drivers from your computer you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Well I have checked windows sound setting and there is nothing wrong with the windows sound setting. now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the sound drivers in my computer and after reinstalling the sound drivers in my computer also I get the same problem. With other games I am not facing the same problem.

You have mentioned that with other game you are not facing sound issues and that is why I would like to tell you that there might be something wrong with the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game and you should reinstall the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in your computer and after reinstalling the game your problem will get solved.

I had the exact same Problem, and i solved it this way:
    Download http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=6812 and install.
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Utilities\bin\ chose the folder of your OS, x64 or x84 and then start dxcpl.exe
    Go to Audio and then turn the DirecSound Debug Level to More & Use Debug Engine.
    Ok, the game can start now. Good luck
    would be great if you cant tell me if this also works fine 4 ya.
    Last edited by Kaji0tt; 14-11-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Ho man I have had this problem for a week and you're the first person that seems to know a solution to this! Thank you so much, I will finally be able to play this game!

well thank you for a different solution, kaji.... i got the game to work, but it was in windowed mode (from my messing with preferences, etc to get it to start before i found your solution). Saved, exited game, and changed to fullscreen. Now no mode (windowed or fullscreen) will run... any more ides?

i have downloaded skyrim off black box and then i inastalled it perfectly then once i pressed play the game said that i didnt have the right sound file in order for the game to work please help!!!!

In order to fix the problem of yours I am suggesting following solution which you can try to fix the matter.
    • You have to go for Control Panel and go for Sound and right click on sound output device and go for Properties and click on Advanced.
    • Now you have to set Default Format to 24 bit, 48000 Hz.
    • Once you have done click on Apply or Ok button.
    • After that run the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaji0tt View Post
    I had the exact same Problem, and i solved it this way:
    Download http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=6812 and install.
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Utilities\bin\ chose the folder of your OS, x64 or x84 and then start dxcpl.exe
    Go to Audio and then turn the DirecSound Debug Level to More & Use Debug Engine.
    Ok, the game can start now. Good luck
    would be great if you cant tell me if this also works fine 4 ya.
    Wow, I love you my skyrim is working now, thank you so much