Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Logo become artifact and crashes Video Card

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Logo become artifact and crashes Video Card

I am with somewhat similar issue as rest of my PC comrades but it is with a bit twist. The game crashes on the intro screen but it does not crash to desktop and instead the video card crashes. The rendered Skyrim logo displays for a couple of seconds before it breaks up into artifacts and freezes. My display is also unresponsive so at that point I have to restart my computer. This happens frequently if my resolution is up higher and if I am on fullscreen. This appears to be a graphics failure. The sound plays as normal but the game freezes, crashes and renders my video display unresponsive. I need your help o get this problem resolved. Below is my system specification:
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Radeon HD 4850 1Gb Version
    • 4 Gb of OCZ Gold RAM
    • AMD Phenom X3 2.8 GHz (3 cores)
    • DX11

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Logo become artifact and crashes Video Card

I don’t think that you will like to hear this but after reading your post I can only guess that your GPU is either severely clogged up with dust or it's just dying. There's just no way a Blink video or whatever the intro is can cause after facing on an unhealthy GPU issue.

I found that on indiscriminate moments my Skyrim crashes my computer. I acquire a black screen, my monitors light get on with orange color and also my music get hanged. I have to manually shut down the PC and restart. I am running windows 7 64 bit with 560 Ti. This is different to crashed on desktop. I have noticed that this thing happens when I open big map, and click somewhere.

There are many of the similar cases which get resolved after re-installing the game. So you can try with the same and see if it does the same for you. If some of the files of the installed game is corrupted or missing then you might get the issues like this. So to overcome that problem, you will have to reinstall the game. Do the same and let us know that if this was helpful to you.

This is seemed to be the power supply problem. I think it's about to fail or so badly clogged up, it's too hot to perform correctly. This is what came to my mind after reading your post.

I am having an Ultra 750 Watt power supply. I think that it's important to note that literally EVERY other game and function on my PC works, so it is strange that you say that my hardware is failing. I have cleaned my PC and tried every other fix suggested but those does not helped me. Maybe it's a problem with video RAM running out very quickly?

This can be because of outdated or corrupted drivers in your computer. So you can try by updating the drivers to the latest one available. This can resolve the issue that you are getting with this.

Thank you so much friends for such a quick reply on this topic. I tried many things to get it solved but none of them worked for me. Finally I reinstalled the game and it get the issue resolved. Anyways, I am out of this now. Thank you so much again.

There might be some fault with the graphic card that you are using and that is the reason that you are facing the issues like this. So check for this first and make sure that the card you are using is working well.