Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim crashes to desktop while starting new game

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim crashes to desktop while starting new game

I have purchased The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game from the steam and after purchasing the game I have I have install the game in my computer and after installing the game in my computer when I start the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game at that time it crashes to the desktop. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim crashes to desktop while starting new game

I have read your problem and first thing I will suggest you to try is to running the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrimgame as a administrator. You have to right click on the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game icon and after doing right click on the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game launcher you have to select run as administrator and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If running game as administrator does not help you then you should try to solve this problem by running the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in the compatibility mode. I am not sure but many times by changing the game compatibility can help us to solve this type of issue.

Try above solution and after that let me know whether you are able to launch the game successfully or not.

Yes changing the compatibility of the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game can help you to fix this issue. To change the compatibility of the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game you have to first right click on the launcher of the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game and then you have to click on the properties and after clicking on the properties you have to click on the compatibility tab. Now after clicking on the compatibility tab you have to change the game compatibility you have to launch the game again and then you have to check whether game is still crashing or not. I think after changing the compatibility of the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game your problem will surly get solve.

If after trying the above solution also if you are facing the same problem then let me know.

When you open the game launcher of the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim at that time you should change the quality of the game from High to low and after changing the quality of the game you have to launch the game and then it will not crash again.

As you have said that you have download the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from the steam and that is why I would like to tell you that you should Verifying Game Cache Files of the steam and after doing that you should try to solve this problem again and then let me know whether it makes any difference or not.

As far as I know after Verifying Game Cache Files of steam your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to Verify Game Cache Files of the steam then you have to follow this steps.

• First you have to open the Steam in your computer.
    • Now after opening the steam you have to go to the library section.
    • In the library section you have to right click on the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game.
    • After right clicking on the game you have to select the properties.
    • After that you have to click on the local files tab.
    • Now you have to click on the Verify integrity of game cache button.
    • After doing that you have to start the game and then check whether game starts perfectly or not.

I have tried to run The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game as administrator and after doing that also situation remain same. After that I have change the compatibility of the game and that doesn’t help me to launch the game successfully. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by verifying the integrity of the game but after that also problem doesn’t get solved. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

It looks like there might be something wrong with the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game and that is why I would like to tell you that you should reinstall the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in your computer and after reinstalling the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in your computer you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

You should also try to solve this problem by updating the graphic drivers. Many time by updating the graphic drivers you can fix this type of issues.

I have reinstalled the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer and after reinstalling the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer when I have start the game at that time same problem occurred. Now after that I have reinstalled the graphic drivers and then problem get solved.

upon opening my skyrim launcher .. i noticed the the icon in the taskbar was an error. once loaded i clicked play and it didnt work .. all other item on the launcher works options tehcnical support .. data just not play.. i have uninstalled the game and will reinstall .. . wtf i need to slice me a bandit like now!

I'm having the same exact problem. I tried many things and nothing seems to work.

Graphics card: XFX GeForce GTS 250
    Using latest Nvidia Drivers (285*)
    Quad Core Q9550 w/ latest BIOS to motherboard
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Symantec Antivirus (2011 or 2012, ver. 18*)

I tried everything and I get to the inital screen where I can choose New / Load / Quit, but as soon as move the mouse over any of the options, I get sent back to the desktop. No errors or anything.

I tried playing with the graphics settings, no luck.
    I tried underclocking system, no change.
    I tried uninsall/reinstall, no change (including trying to fix the cache files)
    I tried turning off all protections in Norton Antivirus, no change.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by mehmetcank; 27-11-2011 at 09:42 AM.

OK problem resolved.

I changed my Windows sound format settings (control panel --> sound):

Crashed with 24 bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality)
    Ran fine with 24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality) or lower.

okay i have over 180 hours played in skyrim so i finished up every thing there was to do and got bored so i stepped away for a while, but with the new dlc coming out soon i wanted to get back into it. only problem is none of my saves load it just crashes to desktop when i try to load them, and when i try to start a new game it will get to the presents text then freeze and sound will keep going or on occasion it will show the cart for a second or two, and sometimes it just crashes to desktop right away.... any ideas

ad yes all drivers are up to date and all sound and combatibilty and administrator issues are right. i play a lot of other games so thats all fine I'm very stumped about this problem

Quote Originally Posted by TAGamingMaxed View Post
    okay i have over 180 hours played in skyrim so i finished up every thing there was to do and got bored so i stepped away for a while, but with the new dlc coming out soon i wanted to get back into it. only problem is none of my saves load it just crashes to desktop when i try to load them, and when i try to start a new game it will get to the presents text then freeze and sound will keep going or on occasion it will show the cart for a second or two, and sometimes it just crashes to desktop right away.... any ideas

ad yes all drivers are up to date and all sound and combatibilty and administrator issues are right. i play a lot of other games so thats all fine I'm very stumped about this problem
    You can try to follow the instructions given in the below link to revert the UGridsToLoad. Also check to that you type all commands exactly the same even with the quotes in the command, here is the link - http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guid...k-even-better/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast