Thread: Skin color of Vampire in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skin color of Vampire in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Friends, I have begun with the character that was a Imperial through pale skin. Even had a white tattoo on her cheek that was barely visible and liked her look allot. After becoming a vampire my chars skin went completely 360 and now I look like a redguard rd. You can actually see white pain on her face where it used to be unnoticeable. All the NPCs say I look pale and others on the forum that have become vampires say their skin got pale as well So why did mine go dark? Do you have any idea regarding this?

Re: Skin color of Vampire in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Most of the times people drive the wrong way on the interstate all the time. In other words, people don't pay attention. The answer to your question as to why your character's skin went from "pale" to "redguard" is not something we can answer. That's one for the devs and they decided you can't get "paler" so in order to make a visible change it could only go darker. It'd look pretty silly if you were just a blank white spot with no detail. If this is the only problem you're having with Skyrim then I would suggest you just go play the game and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisaDsa View Post
    Most of the times people drive the wrong way on the interstate all the time. In other words, people don't pay attention. The answer to your question as to why your character's skin went from "pale" to "redguard" is not something we can answer. That's one for the devs and they decided you can't get "paler" so in order to make a visible change it could only go darker. It'd look pretty silly if you were just a blank white spot with no detail. If this is the only problem you're having with Skyrim then I would suggest you just go play the game and enjoy it.
    I want to get this issue resolved in any of the possible ways. For me, char aspect is important. It was my guess that if the complexion issue with vampires still worked on a scale that it went from the lowest to the highest setting and down a bit more. This is where I would have to just set a Max or Minimal setting to the color of the skin. Why they wouldn't is confusing and in my opinion, this is a bug.

It is quite reasonable to assume that you are posting in the correct spot. It looks to me like the second poster just wanted to troll and threw in the second question as a pretense. My character has pale skin also, but I haven't encountered vampirism yet. I wasn't very thrilled with what they did to your character in Oblivion if you became a vampire, so I was actually planning to avoid it.

Apart from the skin coloring issue the only thing which has changed is my eyes, They turned red on me but that isn’t that big of a deal. All together my char hasn’t changed. Oblivion your facial bone structure, skin, and everything would freak out. This is really great but lucky me i found the one game that turned me in to a redguard. I am thinking of starting over but if it’s just going to happen again then well. I don’t think that there is any point to this.

So I did some tests and I had a save right the Vampire bug. I went and got some before and after looks of my char and right when they before I caught turned in to a vampire (had to wait in for 3 days) every time I turned my chars skin would turn 5 shades darker each time. I even tried using the command and the show race menu and made a few different versions of that char with different skin colors and each time she changed in o a vampire the skin would just get darker. I tried it about 10 different ways but got the same result.

They turned red on me but that isn’t that great of a bargain. All as one unit my scorch hasn’t altered. Obscurity your facial skeletal substance structure, skin, and all items could go crazy. This is blatantly stupendous but lucky me i found the one event that turned me into a redguard.