Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim freezes randomly while in the world

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim freezes randomly while in the world

I have installed The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer and after installing the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer it worked fine. Now when I get in to the Dragonsreach at that time game started freezing randomly. Sometimes game freezes for around 10-15 seconds and that time I can hear the sound of the game but video freezes totally then comes back to the normal.

This problem is very frustrating for me. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim freezes randomly while in the world

I have read your problem and I will suggest to try to solve this problem by setting the 44.1khz 16bit in default format in sound properties and after setting that try to play the game and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you don’t know how to change the format setting in the sound properties in your computer then you need to follow this steps and after that your problem will get solved. first you have to open the control panel in your computer and after opening the control panel in your computer you have to select the hardware and sound option and after selecting the hardware and sound option you have to click on the sound. Now you have to select your default sound device and then you have to select the properties option and after clicking on the properties option you have to click on the advance tab and after clicking on the advance tab you have to set the default format as 44.1khz 16bit and after setting that you have to click on the OK and after that your problem might get solved.

If after trying above solution you are still facing the same problem with the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game then I will suggest you to open the game and after that you have to change the game resolution and after changing the game resolution you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. sometimes by changing the resolution this type of problem can get solved.

As you have said that game was working fine but after that it has started giving problems suddenly that means there is something wrong with the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game only and I will suggest you to uninstall the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from your computer and after uninstalling the game from your computer you have to restart the computer and after resetting the computer you have to remove all the temporary files from your computer and after removing the temporary files from your computer you have to install the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in your computer and after installing the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in your computer you have to check whether same problem is coming or not.

I think after reinstalling he The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in your computer your problem will get solved.

Well I have set the default format of the sound according to your given steps and after that when I start the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game at that time at that time I get the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem changing the game setting with no luck. Now after that I have reinstall the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer and after reinstalling the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game in my computer also I get the same problem.

I am also playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in my computer and I have solved the similar problem by reinstalling the graphic card in my computer. First I thought problem is with the game or game setting after that I have tried all the setting and also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the game and after doing that also I get same problem and then I have reinstalled the drivers and after reinstalling the graphic drivers game started working properly.

I think you should also try this solution and after that your problem will get solved.

If reinstalling the graphic drivers does not help then you should make sure that you are using latest Direct X in your computer. if you are using old version of the Direct X then you should download the latest Direct X in your computer and after downloading the latest Direct X in your computer you have to install that in your computer and then run the game and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you want to download the latest Direct X in your computer then you should first go to the Microsoft official site and after that you have to search the direct X latest version and then install in your computer and after that check what the situation is.

I have the same problem.if you find a solution pls write it here,ty

Click start, then run. Type: %userprofile%\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

Beneath the 'General' tab you will see a line: uExterior Cell Buffer=36

Increase the number. I used 72 and walked around the landscape for a while with no problems, while before I suffered frequent brief pauses of around 5 to 10 seconds, my screen freezing while my environmental audio continued, regardless of my graphics settings.