Thread: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Do you like the game of Thrones?

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Do you like the game of Thrones?

First of all, I would like to tell you that I am new to this series, only halfway through A Clash of Kings, so please respond without spoilers, but I was thinking of how awesome it would be to Roll Play Daenerys, who is badass and one of my favorite characters. I thought it would be perfect with her being the Blood of the Dragon and all. I am already pretty set in my first three playthroughs (characters from my own fictional universe), therefore that RP will have to wait. Is there someone else who have thought of RPing Daenerys, or another Song of Ice and Fire characters?

Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Do you like the game of Thrones?

This is not my first playthrough though but I do like the idea. Question is whether she would be a pure mage or not.

What are you thinking to do? Sit around surrounded by your army all day and after that travel around from city to city. Sitting around as your army does more and you have social gatherings with politicians, occasionally feeding your lizards when you have free time and tickling your chamber maid under the sheets. Maybe three books later you can do something more than that.

I think that the the Hound would be really interesting. I personally don't like to RP as main characters from a series because they feel too fleshed out, but secondary characters like Clegane are great because they have established personalities and backrounds but there is still a lot of room for you to incorporate your own ideas. It would be cool to roleplay Tyrion Lannister as a small elf or more realistically the Hound as a big Nord warrior. ASoIaF is an excellent series of novels by the way. I started reading it years ago before the hype and popularity brought by the HBO series and I stopped after Feast for Crows. I will go back and re-read the whole series if Martin lives long enough to finish it and I am highly doubtful about that. The problem with comparing TES and ASOIAF is the lack of much magic in ASOIAF. It is a much grittier, "realistic" type of world.

There is additional magic the later within the series that gets it's waking up in the world. Personally I think all the gods in the series are manmade constructs, and in reality there is a naturally occurring elemental force behind all magic and supernatural creatures represented by ice and fire. The dragons are animals made of this elemental force, and the various practitioners of magic and priesthoods are all just tapping into that natural power.

Daenerys is no warrior, clegane is a jerk but has a softer side later on and the best swordsman in the realm. Other than this I am pretty sure that the main quest requires that you kill a lot of dragons, which doesn't really fit Deaneries character. I personally don't want to mix these two fantasy worlds; they're too different, maybe if someone created ASOIAF mod. I have just finished clash of kings, waiting for storm of swords to show up at the library. An Arya Stark rp would be interesting since you start as a prisoner, or you could try the mountain who rides and just destroy everything that gets in your way.

I really liked the series. However, I won't play Daenerys Targaryen as a character. I do, however, think her physical character is an interesting model and would use her image to help stylize a player character. She looks like she would fit easily into Skyrim.

I am usually against "being" a character from another lore, since a character draws so much from the lore they originate from. However, I do understand how one can be inspired by characters. Though shallow, there are tons of Ice and Fire characters that are, at least, memorable. Here's a list of characters I would draw inspiration from...
    • Stannis Baratheon
    • Davos Seaworth
    • Gregor Clegane
    • Hodor
    • Syrio Forel
    • Ilyn Payne
    • Khal Drogo

I personally feel like most characters being mentioned, the Starks, the Lannisters, Sandor, they all have been given such an identity by Martin. He's one of the best authors I've seen at building character development, so it wouldn't be fun RPing that character because it's not original. Characters that I could jump on board with are ones that weren't given too much development, but left an impression. I also came to love Robb Stark at the end of Game of Thrones. The whole time he was learning about dealing with responsibilities as lord while his father was away, and when the time comes for him to step up, he shines.

My Mount and Blade : Warband character is named Eddard Stark, and my kingdom is called the Kingdom of Winterfell. Sadly, it is mostly in the south of the world (Rhodok territory for those who know the game) but one day I shall reclaim the North. I think playing a Bronn-like character as my first play might happen. Bronn was one of my favorite characters in the first two books. I am currently reading the 4th one, and all the super badass characters are gone.

I am going to use george martins books to name my character. I was going to use a combination of a couple of names to distance myself from the book character. Some great names in the book and was going to go with.

I additionally approached fondness Robb Stark at the close of Game of Thrones. The entire time he was memorizing about managing with responsibilities as master while his father was distant, and when the time aims to get him to stride up, he sparkles.