Thread: Disappointed with PC version of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Disappointed with PC version of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I was looking for this game from the day when it was announced. This is for sure that anyone who plays this game on the very first day at midnight was anxiously awaiting it. I loved Oblivion and Morrowind. But, this game feels like an Xbox game more than a computer game unlike its predecessors. I know it is a Port but after playing 4 hours the game is lacking in my eyes. This game is good and the graphics are great as playing on High Settings. I love being able to dual wield and combine spells. But, the user interface is utter garbage. The Map is complete crap. The open questing and exploring is almost too much which might not be so with a better UI quest/map system. The melee combat system is still poor. This is what I think about this and I am very disappointed with this and would like to know that what is your opinion about this. Please reply.

Re: Disappointed with PC version of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am totally agree with you. I understand that the Mods will help this game, but seriously Bethesda needs to help the PC game and clean up the UI not its paying customers. I give the game a 81 out of 100. I was hoping for a 95 rating. I was hoping for something that I would be engrossed in instead I feel like I want to log out every 10 minutes. I guess I'll wait for the Mods because they already stole my money with hype.

I really do not think to purchase an Xbox controller to play the game fluidly. It is bad enough that I have to use Steam who recently had their files compromised by a hacker. Of course, I'll keep plodding along and hoping the scenery and storyline make up for the UI limitations.

I am also disagree with them for not making a PC game and then port it to consoles. The Elder Scrolls are a game that exists to PC and PC allows them to make better engines and graphics. You can take a look at the Battlefield 3 or The Witchery. That's the path they should have taken in my opinion. I really hope next time they don't do the same again. And more important, whatever path they choose, they must take serious amount of time to make a great UI for consoles and PC.

The only thing that I would like to appreciate here is about the PC user interface. It's clearly designed for controllers.

It seems as though you people are now anxious and you are bashing someone. I am not able ‘to understand that why that is very defensive? This is completely text based, and therefore most humans have no way of detecting sarcasm, a mocking tone, anger, or any other type of emotion.

There is common knowledge that this is an unabashed console port at this point and that they have the capability to make much needed changes after launch. Honestly speaking that what drives the majority of those changes is the raising of voices within the player base. Enough noise gets the attention of a company to do something about it; that's common business practice and frankly it should be desired so the manufacturer can continue bettering their product to meet the needs/desires of the customer. It's just so frustrating how self destructive it can be to the product during the early stages of its life.

Why should people be forced to rely on modders for making an actual pc friendly user interface that they should have gotten from the company they paid for the game? And the user interface is something you use constantly a huge part of the game.

This is not only you who is disappointed with the PC version of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as I ahve seen many of the similar threads over internet but in my case, I am totally satisfies with the PC version of this game and I am enjoying that.