Thread: Third person dual wielding looks like horrible in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Third person dual wielding looks like horrible in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Alright, this is so awkward and ugly. I am playing a big nord with two axes and steel armor. Before I tried to sprint, I looked at me in third person combat stance, and thought "wow, why is he holding the axe behind. That alone was ugly. But then I sprinted. Does my character think hes an airplane? Or naruto? This does NOT look okay. It doesn’t fit the style of the game at all (maybe if it was some ninjagame where you can only wear katanas it would) but this is just over the top. Third person is UNPLAYABLE for me because of that. If you don’t know what it looks like, try it yourself. If you don’t play as a ninja character, you will want to agree that it’s horrible.

Re: Third person dual wielding looks like horrible in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I want to play as a very offensive berserker who doesn’t hide behind a shield, so just using a shield (which looks fine, you are right. Why couldn’t they just use a similar stance/sprinting animation?) Is not an option for me?

Re: Third person dual wielding looks like horrible in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Kind of a little and rash thing to complain about and let it ruins the game for you, but honestly I wouldn’t go running with an axe pointed towards my chest. Maybe the running looks a bit funky but that’s just an opinion. Anyways, this is exactly how it looks. Go in the game, run (not sprint) while dual wielding and look at it in third person. Looks perfect. Not 'chest pointed towards chest' either.

Have you ever run while wielding sharp instruments of death? Not exactly something i want close to my body while running. Also holding them out like that actually improves your balance which is offset by the two weapons. The third person combat stance while dual wielding is also really weird when just standing there. Why would you lift the axe up behind your head? It’s heavy. It would make much more sense if it looked similar to the first picture.

Why are people complaining about things they knew before? I mean when you played tes before you would know that 3 person is only for walking and running but for fighting its totally garbage. I'm not sure about the berserkers, but the Vikings (regular troops) usually used long one-handed axe or spear + shield, and most berserkers used shields (look at the small berserker hnefatafl statues, biting their shields), so it wouldn't be wrong.