Thread: Need help on long loading time of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Need help on long loading time of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am having difficulty with the loading of this game. Anyone else on PC having long loading times? I should be loading faster than it is, sometimes it loads quickly but most of the time the game takes 2-3+ minutes to load. I was just wondering if somebody else had this difficulty on the PC. I am having AMD 6 core at 2.9 Ghz with the 8 Gigs of DDR 3 1066 XFX 5870. And even I am having Standard HDD, 7200 RPm. Do you guys have any suggestion for this? Please shade some light on this. I am waiting for your replies.

Re: Need help on long loading time of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I've got 8 Gigs of DDr 1600mhz RAM. An i5-2500k processor and a GTX560ti videocard, and the same type of Hard Disk. I'm running the game with all settings (except the resolution) maxed, and to be honest the loading times are so short that I can barely take a look at the 3D figures that appear.

It should only take seconds. you may have a bad cable to your hard drive, even a fragged drive couldn't be that slow. Your drive is 50 times too slow. A fragged drive might be half the speed, but nothing like this. If you have an extra SATA cable lying around replaces your current cable, with the computer off. Or swap with the one on your DVD drive. Constant transmit errors from the drive and retransmission of the data leads to terrible performance. I have seen drives generating tens of millions off errors per minute.

My load times are so short I can barely manage to make out what the object is, not to say READ the damn text. I really wanted to read what it said about the saber cat, which I obviously couldn’t miss, but before I thought of it the game had loaded.

I have something else I am going to try first. Otherwise Battlefield 3 and Rage played perfectly fine. This is the first time I have had this issue. What I am going to do is wipe steam and the game and save my game files. Then reinstall it all and see if that fixes it. I doubt that it is a bad drive, or a cable but you never know. Thanks for the suggestion. After I wipe steam and the game ill make sure it was not a issue there.

No idea now, other games working fine. Skyrim is loading really slowly and among my friends I am the only one with this problem. I tried a new cable, tired a fresh install (the game and steam) and now I am out of ideas. The game is great as long as I do not have to switch between areas. Once I get it to load the game is fine. None of my other games are having any issues, BF3 works fine as did Iracing.

Having a very similar problem. Game loads up just fine, runs pretty decently on medium settings and great on low settings. When fast traveling, load times are upwards of 90 seconds for me. Loading times when entering/exiting buildings are slightly better. Maybe 30 seconds at absolute worst. Anyone else having the same problem/found what might be causing it? I know my PC is more than capable of running this game...

Specs:
    i7 Q720 @ 1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit
    7200 rpm SATA Drive
    Also using Radeon HD 5470, though I don't think that makes any difference in the problem I'm having. All of this is pretty much standard for a decent laptop these days. None of my friends are having the same loading issues as I am.

Hi quiznossubs92,

The computer specs that you have is pretty decent to play the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, so cant say for sure what might be causing the long loading times. Have you checked whether your computer is getting heated when playing the same game? Close all background applications and check the difference. Recently Bethesda Plans to Patch this game due to many bugs reported by many players, so stay tuned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyi7 View Post
    No idea now, other games working fine. Skyrim is loading really slowly and among my friends I am the only one with this problem. I tried a new cable, tired a fresh install (the game and steam) and now I am out of ideas. The game is great as long as I do not have to switch between areas. Once I get it to load the game is fine. None of my other games are having any issues, BF3 works fine as did Iracing.
    This may not work for you, but mine was loading *very* slowly, up to 5+ minutes sometimes. I found that if I alt+tabbed out when the loading screen popped up (ctrl+alt+delete and open the Task Manager if that doesn't work), the game finished loading in seconds. Hope this simple method does something for ya.