Thread: Cannot install Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from disc

Cannot install Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from disc

I am trying to install the Skyrim as of the disc but I am having problem to do that. I am trying to run the game from Run but whenever I try to do that than either it says that the steam server is busy and stops installing or it bugs and tries to start downloading the game and that takes 6-8 hours with is weird cause. I am having a 20/20 mbit fiber flex from our local energy supplier here within denmark and I am getting a bit restless as of trying.

Re: Cannot install Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim from disc

I am having the similar problem. It looks like Steam can't handle all the people trying to access the game's atm. This nearly always happen on Launch day of huge titles. Set it to download, it should be done when you wake up tomorrow. I also did test out the install from disc, not working for me as well. Patience is the only thing that will help you atm sadly.

You know it's odd that people are having trouble installing from the DVD. I simply put the Steam Client into Online mode, inserted the DVD, and Skyrim began to install from the DVD just fine. No special actions on my part. It took around 7 minutes to install followed by another approximately 5 minutes or so when Steam downloaded the update. Basically, I was playing with 15 minutes of popping the DVD in the drive. So far game has been pretty much trouble-free, other than the mildly annoying Hot Key disappearing issue when you make favorite some items where you have more than one of them. I am happy to confirm my particular Steam settings in case there's some option maybe people are missing.

I am having similar problem with this. I put the DVD into my win7 computer. This is a steam install. I created an account and Skyrim starts to download by default from steam and did not install from the dvd. I did find a solution though.

Make sure that the DVD which you are using is not having any scratch on that as this might be the issue for you. So check for this possibility first.

There might be some issue with the R/W and it might not detecting the disc properly. So what you can do is, just clean the lens of that with the help of some lens cleaner and see if that helps you or not. If that fails to help you then you can make use of some portable optical drive to install the same and you will be done with the installation.

I got the colector edition and it came with the other disc with the makeing of skyrim and the game disc didint work at all but the other one worked just fine..

The disc should work. As Collectors edition is exclusive part of Elder Scrolls. I will recommend you to contact the manufacturer for the same. The one where you got the disc. Tell him about the same and ask for replacement. The disc might be damaged or not proper. It must work just by inserting it is a new one.