Thread: Shapeshifting Dragon-men in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

Shapeshifting Dragon-men in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

What you guys think about Shapeshifting Dragon-men in this game. There are red dragons that serve man (the Empire). This probably relates to the dragon that you can call to for aid in the game. Red dragons are shapeshifters that can turn into men. Call me crazy, but that just might indicate that it's a power that the PC might be able to obtain. In order to defeat Alduin at the end of the game, you just might turn into a dragon and fight him on his own terms like Martin did in Oblivion.

Re: Shapeshifting Dragon-men in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

I had this thought in my mind for a long time now. They said you can’t ride dragon, But they never said you can't turn into one. Martin sacrificed himself as a pawn if I remember correctly. He couldn’t actually transform but he used his body to bring Akatosh into the realm to defeat Dagon.

I Know I’m going to love the game regardless. Plus the endless modlist that’s going to come out for the pc in the next couple of months. I just don’t want to be a second hand to the most important person in the story anymore. I want to be the main person with my own story that reaps great rewards. The bit about red dragons serving the Empire and dragons being shapeshifters has been "known" for a while.

I'm pretty sure the fact that a powerful dragon can turn into human form isn't shapeshifting as for let's say a werewolf. In a lot of ancient tales all around the world, powerful beings and enven gods are said to take a human form when they felt the need to communicate with them (or sometimes just to copulate), but they didn't shapeshift, they "took human form", as you'd wear a different outfit when going to different places. And if I may say, there is nothing new regarding dragons taking the appearance of humans in the fantasy world.

it's usually not an ability a human can master, meaning even if a dragon may be able to take human form, a human can't, in most universes, turn into a dragon (Though Divinity II made it possible while keeping a good story and background which both made sence and were very enjoyable, which I regard as one of the few exceptions, I think that in most cases it only make the story and background weak, for many reasons).

Seems like if you have the soul of a dragon already, shouldn't be a stretch to be able to shapeshift and have the body of a dragon. Not that unreasonable. One thing the lore here leads me to think is that somewhere in the past a dragon took human form and mated with a human thus producing the "Dragon born".

You don't have dragon DNA, you have the soul of a dragon. That's different. You're a special person, especially gifted by the gods aedra somebody with the ability to give you the soul of a dragon. Probably Alduin himself.

I was thinking, I already have a soul of a dragon. Dragons can become men via shapeshifting (and I have at least one dragon soul in me). Alduin becomes possibly big enough to swallow a mountain at the end of the game, and I have to defeat him, but it would take something really, really big to defeat him. So I get to become a big dragon like Martin did in Oblivion!