Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC version is a lazy port

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC version is a lazy port

I am not at all happy with this game. The graphics options aren't within the game. They all have to be manually changed within the ini file. The mouse has smoothing that you are not able to turn off, the speed values are off, as a result in fact using the mouse is like frustrating. Field of view is locked. The UI itself appears similar to it wasn't made at all in support of the PC, it's all scrolling all the way through menu, a la Oblivion and consoles. And, I'll say it another time; you are not able to turn the compass off, which was the majority hated feature of Oblivion for a lot of people.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC version is a lazy port

The graphics are still DX9. for all time on DRM (Steam), bugs, bad controls, few graphics options, and what options are there are dated 6 years old, shoddy combat, and all at the low price of sixty dollars.

I have the same opinion like you. Well other than what you're saying regarding the game itself, I have up till now to receive it! However yes, console ports to pc necessitate stopping happening. It's for the reason that developers are lazy. The simply console ports I ever enjoyed was force unleashed, however only for the reason that it was sw. I hate ports.

I don’t still understand what people is complaining regarding through the PC version. The UI is simple sufficient (I sincerely don’t understand what people are complaining regarding other than they are used to convinced controls for games and are whining that it’s not the precise similar), and I haven't ran into any glitches. There was a time at what time PC is the lead gaming platform. At the moment, subsequent to playing BF3 and Skyrim, I am able to conclude that console is the lead gaming platform. I'm not upset or whatever thing since I have no troubles switching/adapting however I will not at all pay money for an additional PC game if it has a console equivalent. I have learned my lesson.

We not are going into the complete console port or not battle for the reason that it causes a number of flamtastic threads and angers a lot of members. However please do feel free to post any problems you are having within the PC section of H&S so that some of us possibly will be able to help you.

Is 4 hours actually sufficient to give it a final rating presently up till now? Keep playing it. Sure there are shortcomings however I think a few small things you wish had changed however didn't are holding you back commencing actually appreciating all the advancements.

As a result your main complaint is about an un-optimized UI? I can't speak a lot to this for the reason that I purchase a wireless xbox 360 adapters to play on top of the PC, however with one the game is stunning, fluent, and presently pure fun. To pass judgment on somewhat that possibly will be fixed through patches (or mods), doesn't perform justice to the game. Fortunately this is an RPG and not a melee combat hack'n'slash. I love it the way it is.

If you did some digging, there are ways around using Steam to play the game. Quite simple really. Secondly, are you referring to the PSN hacker? I hadn't heard about Steam. And thirdly, I'm sure there will be patches and if not mods to fix the UI. The essence of the game is fine. The UI has a shortcoming. I wouldn't berate the game for a technical problem that can be overcome.