Thread: Useless hotkey system Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Useless hotkey system Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Regardless of if you are using Keyboard and mouse otherwise a 360 controller the same exact thing happens through both intended for the record I am making use of a 360 controller. I am not able to understand that what is the point to the hotkey system when you can only get a onetime use out of it? For example, I will add an axe and bow to the favorites menu, I will then press and hold Left on the D-pad on the controller to hotkey the Axe and it shows 1. Next to it on the left of the text shows up next to it denoting I have hotkeys the Axe to the left directional on the D-Pad. I then hold right on the D-pad to hotkey the bow. I am posting this over here to have you people opinion about this.

Re: Useless hotkey system Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I am agreed with your opinion. I am saying this because if I pause the game and when I get back into the game I press Left on the D-Pad and My character Switches to the axe I had hotkeyed, I then press Right on the D-Pad and my character switches to the bow I had hotkeyed. So far as expected this is what is supposed to happen. However now when I press either left or right on the D-PAD neither one of those items are able to be switched to any more using the d-pad. I literally have to go back into the favorites screen and re-hotkey those same items in order to be able to switch to them again. So again this is the dumbest thing in this game. There is no point in having a hotkey system you can only use once they never should have incorporated this game mechanic in this condition.

It happens if you have multiples of the same items. For example, if you have 2 of the same bows and you hotkey it to 1, after using the hotkey once it'll "forget" it. This is a bug perhaps.

I have just experienced the "multi item" glitch. This is working fine for my initial starting bow, which I'd managed to collect three of, but now I've got several "Hunting Bows" my hot key 3 loses its setting. All other items and magic are still working however. So, yes, there is an odd glitch here but I don't experience it for every item.

I am also agree with this. I am playing this on the 360 and have also found when equipping torches or shields this seems to deselect hot-keys. This is very irritating and jarring game play. The duel wield mechanic is all messed up. If we neglect a few bugs then I can say that the game is great. The 1-8 hotkeys work fine for me. Doesn't mean I don't find it unnecessarily awkward in the way they've set it up, but it works without bugs.

I cannot understand that what the problem in your case is. For me, this is working really great. I found that very useful while playing the game.

I dont think that the hotkey system in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is useless. But still there are some of the people who are thinking the same and if you also think the same then why are you using that. If you dont like that then the simple thing that you can do is not to use that.

Quote Originally Posted by mbangali View Post
    It happens if you have multiples of the same items. For example, if you have 2 of the same bows and you hotkey it to 1, after using the hotkey once it'll "forget" it. This is a bug perhaps.
    Same here. Having multiples of an item will cause you to lose your hotkey after one use. I certainly hope this is a bug that will be fixed soon. It's ridiculous to force yourself to have only one item if you want to keep the others to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by tupera View Post
    Same here. Having multiples of an item will cause you to lose your hotkey after one use. I certainly hope this is a bug that will be fixed soon. It's ridiculous to force yourself to have only one item if you want to keep the others to sell!
    Even I have found this bug to be caused by having more than 1 of the same weapon in your inventory. To solve this bug you must only have 1 of the weapon you are binding in your inventory, and the keybind will stay.