Thread: Can you minimize Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim without crashing?

Can you minimize Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim without crashing?

I am thinking to get this game as this looks very interesting. But before going to purchase this, I want to clear some hardware query for this game. Whenever I play any of the games on my lapmtop then it get overheated and I have to minimize the game in order to make it cool. But while I minimize that then it get crashed and I am left with only one option and that is to restart the computer. I really don’t want this to happen with the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and so I am posting this over here. If there is anyone who is having similar issue with this game as well then please reply. Thank you.

Re: Can you minimize Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim without crashing?

If this happened you and it seemed to be crashed then what you can do is just press alt + tab and this with solve the issue for you. Once I was also stuck with the same issue and it helped me and so I hope that it will do the same for you.

I can alt tab it without a problem. This never failed and comes back without problems and within accepted time (maybe a second). I do need to use alt tab again to get the game back, else I just get the steam screen.

Specs:
    • I5 2500K (3.3 ghz quadcore)
    • 2 x HD 6950 (crossfired ofcourse)
    • 8gb DDR3 1333mhz

Well the skyrim is mostly for desktop with decent hardwares and that is included good PSU. Most laptops will not be able to handle it till it CTD or shutdown. You will have to keep in mind that the game itself is heavy graphic usages and some CPU. So if you have a good GPU then it is better to have latest drivers and very good PSU. Most pc/laptop that peoples buy are underpowered. I recommend to buy a good PSU to be sure and it’s worth it.

If you are running Steam at the same time as playing then you will be just able to shift-tab. Steam has a built in browser and you can do all your picture-taking, uploading, friend chatting, etc.

When I alt-tab it minimizes to get back I click on the bar at the bottom, it looks like it pulls the game up but I still see my desktop, then I either click just anywhere on the desktop and it goes back to the game or I have to click on the bar at the bottom again and it brings up the game. Either way for me, it hasn't crashed, but I haven't alt-tabbed more than probably 4 or 5 times at best.

For this problem, I am using one trick and that is to alt tabbing through all your open documents and get back to the skyrim after completing one full circle. Now just release alt at skyrim and this will come back.

I think that your system is lacking the minimum configuration required for the game and this is the reason that you are facing problem like this. So just compare your system specification with the minimum configuration required for the game and upgrade your system by which it is lacking.

Recommended PC specification:
    • Quad-core Intel/AMD CPU
    • 4GB RAM
    • DirectX 9 video card with 1GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 260/AMD Radeon 4890 or better
    • Windows XP/7
    • 6GB hard disk space
    • DirectX compatible soundcard

Minimum specification:

• 2GHz dual-core CPU
    • 2GB RAM
    • DirectX 9c video card with 512MB RAM
    • Windows XP/7/Vista (32 or 64 bit)