Thread: Dragon Statue Tail Broken on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim collector’s edition

Dragon Statue Tail Broken on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim collector’s edition

Picked up my PC collector’s edition of skyrim and opened it up, activated my copy and took out the dragon and the tail is broken. Everything else seems okay but the tail is broken, I called up GameStop so I can return it for another collector’s edition they told me I can't. So what do I do now, I am stuck with a broken dragon and paid $150.00 for it. Anyone I can contact from Bethesda or something, I refuse to glue this tail on when I paid $150 for it. Please help me with if you can. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Dragon Statue Tail Broken on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim collector’s edition

This is possibly for the reason that gamestop doesn't actually sell PC games anymore and their branch stores probably only had 1 or 2 copies of the CE delivered to them.

I would really go freaking nuts if this happened to my CE. I have mine waiting at home, unopened, until I get off work. If I open that box and see a broken dragon statue, I am going to throw a major fit and for Gamestop to not take it back is beyond all reason. It is a broke and I would raise holy hell until someone at that store got me another CE or a complete refund.

I want to tell you that you will surely get the refund for that. They are not having any rights to decline; did you speak with a manager? Have you threatened them with getting things to court? You have to press them up a little to get things moving, that's how it works. I doubt that Bethesda will be much help because this has nothing to do with them.

I am also having somewhat similar issue. One of the claws that is supposed to make contact with the base was broken off in the box when I opened it and the statue appears to be mis-formed because it will not sit on the base properly (I cannot get the 3 remaining points of contact to touch the base at the same time because the wings are angled in the wrong direction). I haven't tried calling GS yet since they are not open here for a few more minutes but I have the feeling my store would be willing to swap it out but I don't believe they have any more collectors editions to swap it with (I know the staff pretty well and they said they only had the copies that were pre-ordered of the CE). I also used the contact form but I wish there was a phone number I could call.

First of all, it's a PC game. Nobody takes PC games returns anymore. Also it's a Steam game that has been activated. So there is no way he can take it back. Also the store doesn't have any other CE to give exchange it anyways, so not much they can do. Now maybe if this was a 360 or PS3, he could have gotten a credit back but being a Steam PC game nothing can be done. You cannot blame Gamespot really; you might as well blame Steam then. Only recourse the person really has is small claims court. There are some of the people who bought a defective product and therefore the store should be giving a refund or credit of some sort. So instead of saying "I am pissed or would be pissed at Gamestop" you should really begging out solutions.

This is not just you who is getting this problem. There are many of the other users with the same issue and they are searching for the solution. I hope that it will be resolved soon.