Thread: Enchanting Ability in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Enchanting Ability in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

In Morrowind, you can drink a potion that will make you better in alchemy, which then could be used to make a better potion that does the same and so on until you are a god. Skyrim seems that there are charms designed specifically to improve their skills. For example, a beginner Manto Minor destruction mana cost reduced by 12% of all the destruction to cast spells while in use, or an amulet will forge Minor improvements in weapons and armor by 12%, while wearing it. If there is a charm for each of the 18 competencies in Skyrim, you can find an amulet that improves charming, disenchanted to learn to make clothes of another magic with it, and make a complete set of "Heavenly Gear "I could do with very powerful spells.

Re: Enchanting Ability in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

We will see if this holds true as enchanting is probably one of the most important parts of personalizing a game. I would definitely do this if it was an option, it would take forever, and be well worth it. I think it could get patched out if it becomes too serious a problem but it seems harmless enough to be one of those things that the devs say "hey if you’re willing to spend 50 extra hours min/maxing an enchanting set then more power to you".

I see what you mean. I think it's capped by the perks though. A 'reduce cost of conjuration spell' is actually affecting in the way that a perk would i.e. a lesser form of 'novice spell reduced by 50%' or the like. I don't think it's clear that improving your enchanting allows you to create stronger enchanted objects, you have to choose the perks to do that - improving your enchanting skill only unlocks the ability to get higher ranked perks.

The cool thing about the enchantments for these skills is that the actually enchantment applies directly; it doesn't just improve your skill. If you look at the descriptions for the Novice Robe of Minor Destruction and the Amulet of Minor Smithing, they actually say: "Decreases magicka cost of destruction spells by 12%" and "Makes improvements to weapons and armor 12% better," respectively, and not "+12 destruction skill" or "+12 Smithing skill."