Thread: Thieves Guild Armour in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thieves Guild Armour in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anyone heard about this? In Bethesda's recent behind the scenes video, Todd talks about how they get in trouble for being the ultimate ..."thief game". At this point, we see a character sneaking through a passage, possible a cave. It's very dark. However, the character's armour looks very stealthy with a Robin Hood twist. Typical of a thief, possibly? In comparison to The Dark Brotherhood armour which is red and black, perfect for an Assassin. So, do you think it could be armour given to you by the thief’s guild? I certainly hope so. Perhaps it will boost light armour, pickpocket, sneak, speechcraft and mercantile, as opposed to TDB's armour.

Re: Thieves Guild Armour in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

That’s very possible if so, I very much like it. I also really like the Dark Brotherhood one though. I can't really see cause of the shadow, but if that armour also had a face mask like the DB one does, I'll probably like it even more. I like the colors better. I want to look like an assassin / thief, but not necessarily look red/black and evil

How is a black and red catsuit perfect for an assassin? As an assassin, you'd want to blend in with your surroundings. Normal clothing if you're trying to blend into a crowd, dark or camouflage clothing if you are attempting to blend into the shadows or vegetation. The DB armor is way too conspicuous as per me.

It looks cool but one thing comes in my mind, why would thieves guild have its own armor? Wouldn’t it be kind of dim to have all guild members wearing the same armor. Any guard could just arrest you because thieves guild is illegal and you clearly are a member of it if you wear that armor. With The Dark Brotherhood armor you look kind of dense. Imagine walking in town, around there are people and you dressed black. It would look more than a bit suspicious to say the least.

I don’t like the DB armor it kind of tacky i loved the all black from OB but , i just thought what if people can tell your DB by the armor? Reacting accordingly as such. Also, i often used my DB armor for TG quests anyways, but it def would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    It looks cool but one thing comes in my mind, why would thieves guild have its own armor? Wouldn’t it be kind of dim to have all guild members wearing the same armor. Any guard could just arrest you because thieves guild is illegal and you clearly are a member of it if you wear that armor. With The Dark Brotherhood armor you look kind of dense. Imagine walking in town, around there are people and you dressed black. It would look more than a bit suspicious to say the least.
    I lawl at you -.- thief guild intimidates gaurds, if you knew what you were talking about i wouldnt be saying this... If you have a bounty in The Rift, you can say 'im with the guild how about you look the other way,' or for less gold you can say, 'im with the guild will this clear my bounty,' So someone really needs to get their facts straight aye?