Thread: Planning a perks in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Planning a perks in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I play a Battlemage archetype, and there's some pretty powerful magic perks. I've talked about the elemental perks before, so Destruction's Shock perks appeal to me. Additionally, I think the Expert/Master spell discounts will provide a good magicka to damage ratio. In Restoration, the Magicka regeneration perk is a must. I'm playing as an Altmer, so it adds a bonus on top of a bonus. A mage is useless without Magicka, so the faster it regenerates the better. Likewise, wizards - even clad in armour - can take a fair amount of punishment without a shield, so +50% healing rate is amazing. Frankly I'm worried it'll be a little overpowered.

Re: Planning a perks in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The perks also allow some very powerful Conjurer builds. Focusing on Atronachs or zombies seems to be a good idea; two powerful allies conjured from the ether while you sit back and mop up. Alteration's 30% absorb magicka is also insane, absorbing magicka was very effective against spell-slinging enemies in Oblivion. Heavy Armour also has some fantastic perks - I want them all, quite frankly. Enchanting goes hand in hand with Heavy Armour, making enchantment armour +25% stronger for instance.

I love magic along with passive abilities. It really makes my character feel powerful and some of these perks sound incredible such as the aforementioned magicka regeneration bonus and spell absorbtion.

The way the perks fan out make it really pay to specialize in certain skills and so I'll be very careful about what I progress in and when. From the beginning I'm planning on maxing out Alteration and Restoration - they seem to provide the best perks as I see it, destruction of course is needed as a mage but the higher tier perks don't appeal to me much, which is good because it allows me to concentrate perk-taking elsewhere. I plan to wear all custom-enchanted equipment so I'll need to level up and take some of the perks in that for my particular character the bonuses to armour rating and weapons aren't overly important but they look absolutely amazing, particularly if combined with the perks for heavy armour. I usually play as a pure Altmer mage but I'm very tempted to dabble into more of a Battlemage archetype, maybe even a full warrior on a later playthrough due to this sole fact.

I'm curious as to how much of a difference the silent casting perk from the illusion branch would be, viable stealthy mage? These perks look incredible for the most part and add some more depth to the leveling system; although attributes are sorely missed I'll spend a lot of time taking what's before me into consideration when planning my character.

Can you change perks in skyrim later after you have picked them.

I am hoping the perk trees branch logically. For example, I'm hoping the sneaky perks in the Sneak constellation are not locked behind weapon bonus perks, which my character will not use. I am going to have a hard time choosing perks I think. My character's skills will be too spread out. The only archetype I'll totally avoid is the warrior set.