Thread: Counter Strike Source Installation Problems

Counter Strike Source Installation Problems

Well, I tried installing css on my old laptop yesterday but got around 20% with it. My laptop arrived so I thought id finish installing it on here, of course. Under library for my games it shows counter strike source with download paused/download started next it to. no percentage or speed which is odd. after a few hours of leaving it under downloaded started, nothing was happening. It wasnt even acknowledged in the downloads section. I tried looking for css in my steam/steamapps folder but all I see is my team fortress and l4d. There are css files though scattarered everywhere throughout the folder. I tried deleting local content, left it overnight, and nothing, i assumed it crashed. I tried uninstalling under control panel, but it doesn't show up there either. I'm very confused as to how I can fix this, if anyone has input please let me know. Thanks!

Re: Counter Strike Source Installation Problems

Are you trying to install Counter Strike Source directly in steam manager or have you downloaded or purchased a copy of the game and trying to directly install it? Do you get any error messages while installing the game? If you are trying to install it from steam directly then it may be possible that their servers might be heavily loaded and therefore the installation might be going slowly.

Steam Manager is where I am trying to download the game, and the servers can't possibly be overloaded I just finished installing Half Life 2 and GTA Vice City. I'm trying to find a way to delete whatever was installed, and start it over again. I believe Steam is trying to continue the download from where it was left off on my old laptop and can't find the files so it just stalls.

I think that at the bottom of the Steam window, there is "+Add a Game" click on it then click Activate a product on steam. After activation, you'll download the latest update from steam servers. If you're having problems with the download, check the support page of steam, that will be able to help you out.

thanks everyone, all i had to do was delete the existing files and it started a fresh download!