Thread: Magic skills should be raise from the start in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Magic skills should be raise from the start in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

You're going to be walking places. Your mana bar is always recharging. It takes 30 seconds to refill from empty. Why on Nirn wouldn't you be casting spells as you walked, no matter what your preferred skills are? More skill in some magic means that those skills are cheaper to use and more effective. Faster healing, cheaper invisibility, free summoned arrows, underwater breathing. You’re going to pick up the books for free in dungeons, and you've got a lot of wilderness to explore.

Re: Magic skills should be raise from the start in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Unless you're roleplaying someone who hates magic for killing their pet three-toed sloth, I don't see why you wouldn't want to be using spells. The perks you earn from building the skill can feed your favorite sneak/fight skills, and it costs you nothing but a small bit of mana at a time.

All characters have to start with magic otherwise spellcasters wouldn't have any way to get the ball rolling given the absence of a class creation screen. But a "non caster" who spams magic anyway in order to max his perks is metagaming/minmaxing rather than playing a character. Nothing wrong with playing that way either, it's just a lot of people create a specific concept of a character and they stick to the concept to give an added story layer, sometimes having limited tools and finding a novel solution to the problem is more rewarding than being an all powerful.

only thing is we will want to level up our skills in the stealth/fighting skills in order to get perks, as well as being awesome at our chosen specialization, that said, I will have to wait and see how magic in the game works, especially that ward spell, that sounds very handy.

Actually if you are trying to work the system you should focus on skills that require a combat target first while leveling is easy, skills you can self and spam level should be held off on until you break 50 and your leveling slows. I won't be using magic because it ruins my immersion. I have no idea why! For some reason I can accept dragons and the dragonborn, but I just cannot wrap my head around magic! It's very odd.

For certain spells like invisibility and footstep muffling and armor enhancements, yeah. I was hoping they'd only raise your ability if they were actually doing something but I suppose I'll have to work around the flaw and just not spam spells outside of combat.

I've seen people say you can store up perk points. Even if that's incorrect, I do know for certain that you have to voluntarily go to the level up screen, so you could just choose to postpone leveling a bit if you were forced to pick a perk (which, as I've said, I don't believe is the case). Not the best thing, but not a horrible choice if you're aiming for the min/max route and are willing to make that short term tradeoff to otherwise speed up leveling.

There's a soft level cap of 50 and a hard one of 75, right? So that said, you can only max out so many skills. We don't know exactly how the leveling will work; I'm pretty sure leveling skills which are already at a high level will count more towards actually leveling your character, but all skills (high- or low-level) will have an effect. So every point (or every few points) you put toward a magic discipline is a point taken from the skills you're really focusing on. Well you could level up the skill but to use it effectively in situations where magicka is used frequently you’re going to have to level up magicka at level up, severely limiting either your health or stamina. So sure you could level it up for the purposed of moving that leveling bar up but I can’t see any other reason for a pure warrior or thief to use magic.

The 50/75 level max is from getting your skills to 80% each and 100% each skill. You won't stop leveling any skill from having others too high - they're all independent in speed of gain.

You are able to max out all skills. The hard level cap is at what time all your skills hit 100, which would be within the 70s or 80s, and there are merely no more skill-ups possible to contribute on the way to additional character levels. The soft level cap is 50, at which point leveling turn out to be extremely slow. As a result if you spam magic early on, your magic skills will augment causing magic to contribute extra to leveling, until you hit level 50 when the whole thing slows down. If your melee or sneak skills aren't up, they won't be as successful and they'll take an actually long time to level. You’d be superior off essentially using magic.

You are acquainted with how experience for each levels within other games increases the quantity you require to gain every level within some games? The same thing here. On a per-use basis, you're going to make use of a skill, articulate 10 times to go from skill 25 to 26. By the time you have a skill of 40, its pleasing 50 uses to raise the skill a point. At what time you hit 80 skill, I'm guessing numerically it go up at a slightly quicker rate. Not exponentially, however you gain points slower, most likely somewhat akin to 200 uses per point through then.

If you have preference stealth, you are able to sneak near an enemy to train, moving away at what time the eye icon flickers.If you prefer weapons, you possibly will be able to summon enemies to smack approximately as you walk - since weapons don't degrade, this would be even additional effective than earlier games.

You are able to max out all skills. The hard level cap is at what time every your skills hit 100, which would be within the 70s or 80s, and there are merely no additional skill-ups probable to contribute to extra character levels.

The soft level cap is 50, at which point leveling turn out to be extremely sluggish. Consequently if you spam magic before time on, your magic skills will add to causing magic to contribute additional to leveling, in anticipation of you hit level 50 when the whole thing slows down. If your melee or sneak skills aren't up, they won't be as effectual and they'll take a actually long time to level. You’d be enhanced off really with magic.

You are familiar with how experience per level within other games increases the amount you require to accept each level within some games? The same thing here. On a per-use basis, you're going to make use of a skill, consider 10 times to move from skill 25 to 26. at that moment you have a skill of 40, it's receiving 50 uses to raise the skill a point.